Catalyst 10.8 released...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Love_Sex_Magic View Post
    Unless I'm doing something wrong, after I install the new 10.8 drivers, reboot go to System Preferences the amdcccle go to info it still shows as 10.7 and the driver as the 10.7 rev number
    Try run this command:
    aticonfig --initial

Comment

So, HoN still won't work with this driver on Evergreen cards. Does anyone knows, if it's possible to force the driver to use OGL3 via xorg.conf or something else?

Comment

Nothing to that command tball.. This will be like the 10th uninstalling and installing the driver lol

Running the installer..

After reboot

Think i'll wait till the drivers are officially announced and redownload them

Comment

Originally posted by Love_Sex_Magic View Post
          Nothing to that command tball
          Hmm I just checked what version mine is reporting. Actually it is reporting fglrx 10.6. Weird.

This is on a 4650 HD.

Comment

not working on a ati 5850... thanks ati

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
              Hmm I just checked what version mine is reporting. Actually it is reporting fglrx 10.6. Weird.

This is on a 4650 HD.
              I have the same problem but after I upgraded 10.6 to 10.7. Maybe it's necessary to do a full uninstall/clean install in order to have CCC show the correct version number. The 2D driver and OpenGL versions are correct though, and that's what's important I guess. I'll try upgrading to 10.8 now and see if the driver packaging and catalyst version numbers remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                Is at least Xorg Server 1.8 supported with this? Or ATI doesn't even test with RC releases of XOrg Server?
                No They dont because they support only Software that is shipped from the Supportet Distributions.

So in 2 Month maybe we get an alpha for Ubuntu and 3 2 or 3 Month later the final version with 1.9 Support.

Comment

Yay! At least performance under KDE4 is a bit better and things are less glitchy

Comment

Mine is reporting 10.6 as well, weird...

Comment

Mine reports 10.5, which I believe was the first version I ever installed. I went back to 10.7 and it reports the same. Beyond that, there were some weird color anomalies with 10.8(thunderbird's folder colors all changed to pink). Sticking with 10.7 for now.

Comment

Working...
                      X