handset testsuite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handset testsuite

In latest phoronix test 2.8 beta, there are already pre-defined test suites for netbook, server, workstation platform. is it possible add test suite for handset platform in later phoronix?

Hi jwang,

Sure, it would be possible as a number of the test profiles are capable of running on most handset-type devices, barring some due to architecture differences though. However, for the lack of having access to any good handsets to run the tests on to determine what test profiles should be included in a handset test suite and what the predefined test option values should be, I haven't been able to create a test suite for handset platforms.

Though if you or anyone else has access to a good handset platform to run such tests, I would be happy to include any handset test suite upstream that you can make or based upon user tests that are reported to work well on the handsets.

-- Michael
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael,
      I am testing several X86 based handset platforms (not release yet). Currently what I am using is phoronix netbook testsuite, but kick out some database profile. Could you provide suggestion what else I should include? Thanks
      I am very willing to share my experience.

Comment

First off, you can easily build your own test suite (without editing the XML directly) by running: phoronix-test-suite build-suite. From there you can rebuld the tests in the netbook suite that you like while leaving out the database tests. In terms of other good handset tests I'll try to think about it and also check to see what tests other handset vendors are using in PTS. I know there's some other handset tests I may integrate soon for battery performance, standby/resume speed, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X