Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gnash 0.8.8 Has VA-API, Claims 100% YouTube Compatibility

Phoronix: Gnash 0.8.8 Has VA-API, Claims 100% YouTube Compatibility

As of late the open-source Lightspark Flash Player has been making great progress with features like a LLVM-using JIT engine, out-of-process plug-in support for Firefox, and rendering improvements, the Gnash project that's partially supported by the Free Software Foundation continues to advance too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

now only full speed and flash games to work, and iam ready to change

Comment

Does it accelerate video on R500?

Comment

If that NVIDIA VDPAU back-end for VA-API actually worked, that announcement was cool. But so?
        With recent developments in Lightspark Gnash serves merely as fallback for older ActionScript versions Lightspark can't handle...

Comment

and r600/700?

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
            Does it accelerate video on R500?
            which Video Acceleration? The R500 Cards support only Xv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
              which Video Acceleration? The R500 Cards support only Xv.
              I mean when someone will release a video acceleration for R500?

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing... At worst if opensource Flash gets too good, Adobe might abandon Linux for good and people like me who use Flash for more than just video playback would have to use Wine and Windows version of Adobe Flash instead. >.<

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                  I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing... At worst if opensource Flash gets too good, Adobe might abandon Linux for good and people like me who use Flash for more than just video playback would have to use Wine and Windows version of Adobe Flash instead. >.<
                  I can't imagine the hell of the performance hit you get by doing this. It'as already a crap under windows, but with wine...

Comment

just installed this version, the standalone binary segfaults whatever I do, and the plugin doesn't show up

gnash from getgnash.org, ubuntu lucid 32b

Comment

Working...
                    X