No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as you test without sound thats not good to compare with default win runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      phoronix-test-suite benchmark unigine-heaven
      Cool it's actually 39.43 in 1920x1080.

Cheers,

Is reported here: http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...64-27833-12523

Comment

I miss qualelive tests - or quake3 tests - over ubuntu / Arch / MS WOS XP / Vista / 7

In order to review OS/drivers opengl preformance.

I have just prove Quake Live for Linux and goes pretty well, but I do not know benchmarks.

PS: openGL drivers for old Nvidia ( 7950 GX2 works better with crack attack tha ATI old ones X800.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          It's been said so many times already. Nvidia users are at NvNews, Ati users here.
          Yes, fglrx really has parity with nVidia's blob. It's just that we don't hear the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
            Yes, fglrx really has parity with nVidia's blob.
            Damn where is that ROTFLMAOPMP smilie....

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Damn where is that ROTFLMAOPMP smilie....
              Yeh, I should've used it in my post.

So I finally went from 10.7 to 10.8 today. I didn't do it straight away cause I had things to get done and wasn't sure if I'd have to roll back if there was breakage. Can't really see much improvement unfortunately.

Still no v-sync not to mention when resizing windows while running Blender is agonisingly slow.

Switching to Windows might be the prudent thing for me to do. At least the Windows driver is in much better shape than the Linux one.

Comment

Fglrx is a lie. Get a life, get nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                  yes end a life with nvidia the best way to kill humans ;-)
                  Maybe it's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees with ATI.

Comment

Hi

Hmm, i tried playing Starcraft2 on Wine using an ATI Radeon HD5770 and an NVidia GTX460. With the Radeon i couldn't play because of massive screen corruption and with the Nvidia card i can only play on lowest Settings because of Access Violations and i'am only getting ~30fps which is much to low. I tried Wow (OpenGL) with the GTX460 and i'm getting ~30fps too where a friend of mine who is using a Geforce 8800GT ist getting 60fps.
                    All tests where maid using the newest proprietary Drivers.
                    So in my opinion it doesn't really matter which card you use, both don't work that well. I hope Nvidia will fix these things in future driver releases.

greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Killigrew View Post
                      Hi

Hmm, i tried playing Starcraft2 on Wine using an ATI Radeon HD5770 and an NVidia GTX460. With the Radeon i couldn't play because of massive screen corruption and with the Nvidia card i can only play on lowest Settings because of Access Violations and i'am only getting ~30fps which is much to low. I tried Wow (OpenGL) with the GTX460 and i'm getting ~30fps too where a friend of mine who is using a Geforce 8800GT ist getting 60fps.
                      All tests where maid using the newest proprietary Drivers.
                      So in my opinion it doesn't really matter which card you use, both don't work that well. I hope Nvidia will fix these things in future driver releases.

greetings
                      But, the ATI card you have was released last year. I think the Nvidia card was released just recently. It really tells a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X