KMS on RS880 (HD 4200) not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schwarzygesetzlos View Post
    I don't use an initramfs. For booting the kernel with grub I use this parameters:
    Code:
    title  Linux 2.6.35 - gentoo
    root (hd0,0)
    kernel /2635gen-r2-test1 root=/dev/sda3 clocksource=hpet vga=0x303 video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap radeon.modeset=1
    my 2.6.35.2 kernel .config: http://pastebin.com/yCYvAx9y

My other machine is also running the 2.6.35.2 kernel with the same .config and uses the same grub parameters for booting the kernel. It's also set up with the same versions of xorg-server, libdrm, xf86-video-ati, mesa.
    initramfs or whatever you happen to be using in its place. Doesn't matter.

Get rid of this crap from your kernel line: "vga=0x303 video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap" as that WILL break KMS.

Comment

problem solved

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      initramfs or whatever you happen to be using in its place. Doesn't matter.

Get rid of this crap from your kernel line: "vga=0x303 video=vesafb:mtrr:3,ywrap" as that WILL break KMS.
      well, not completely... since KMS works on my other machine with exactly the same kernel line

BUT applying your kernel line advice AND nanonyme's advice not to compile in vesa framebuffer to kernel at all cures the problem! KMS is working now on both machines. And it seems I have a more sane kernel config now...

Many thanks to both of you!

Comment

Working...
      X