Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    It defaults off?
    Yes. Tiling is off by default on r6xx+ as the kernel support is not in a formal release yet and there are probably a few bugs left to be shaken out.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      Yes. Tiling is off by default on r6xx+ as the kernel support is not in a formal release yet and there are probably a few bugs left to be shaken out.
      Right, I guess I'll switch it back off, Trying to debug whether r600c actually handles GL_LEQUAL, GL_LESS, GL_GEQUAL, and GL_GREATER wrong or if it's just the tiling.

Comment

Ps. yes, they are. The effect is just worse with tiling on. Seeable in shadowtex.

Comment

shadowtex is busted in r600c due to depth buffers needing to be decompressed before being used as a texture source. It should work in r600g.

Comment

Yeah, it's at the very least consistent in r600g. Not sure about right. Would need a better reference point than the ones I have atm.

Comment

For D24 or D24S8 formats, you need to do a Z to CB decompress blit. In place decompression only works for D16 or D32 formats.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                You need the xorg option to enable tiling for r6xx+. Also there's a bug in the current kernel that got added when hiz support was added. It's fixed in this patch:

which will make it's way upstream soon.
                thx for the info, you know if this patch made it to 2.6.36-rc2/3 kernels??

Comment

It should be in rc3.

Comment

Working...
                  X