Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[soon?] Soon Source Engine under Unix????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    I am sitting on the fence on this one, mainly because you said the same things about AMD's info release for the varying Radeons and the increasing interaction we're seeing with AMD on the work there.

Not that it matters all that much to me- I've got other axes to grind right at the moment. More interesting times for Linux gaming is coming very soon.
    just because they aren't admitting it doesn't mean they're not working on it, just because they're working on it doesn't mean they're ever going to get it finished or even release it if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by twelvedogs View Post
      just because they aren't admitting it doesn't mean they're not working on it, just because they're working on it doesn't mean they're ever going to get it finished or even release it if they do.
      That's kind of my take on it all. And, as I said, I've got other axes to grind- like prepping up for the RC for Caster 3D and a beta for something else.

Comment

and a beta for something else.
        Woohoo!!!! Duke Nukem Forever here we come!!!!!

Comment

There?s no Linux version that we?re working on right now.
          That's a throw-away press-facing comment.

"Right Now" is literally "right now". It may imply we've been developing in the past and it's on hold while we do other work. It may imply that they have done some pre-work, and they are planning something later.

That's actually softer than We have no current plans for a Linux version.

We'll just have to wait and look for more indication

Comment

That's kind of my take on it all. And, as I said, I've got other axes to grind- like prepping up for the RC for Caster 3D and a beta for something else.
            Don't suppose the beta is LGP related?

Any clues?!

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post

Any clues?!
              Unless it's something entirely new, you should be able to figure it out by looking at Svartalfs posts

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post

Any clues?!
                Heh... One word: Indie.

I'll leave it at that for now.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                  Woohoo!!!! Duke Nukem Forever here we come!!!!!
                  Oh, I only wish. Gearbox is only 20 minutes drive from my house on the Tollway.

Comment

Originally posted by mtippett View Post
                    That's a throw-away press-facing comment.
                    See, deanjo? What you're presuming is...incorrect.

"Right Now" is literally "right now". It may imply we've been developing in the past and it's on hold while we do other work. It may imply that they have done some pre-work, and they are planning something later.
                    Folks, there's the straight skinny on how someone would handle that.

It's NOT a violation of non-disclosure as it does NOT convey information, like deanjo implied it did.

It doesn't state unequivocally that they're not doing one- contrary to what the gainsayers are saying. (As an aside, it doesn't say that they ARE doing one, either...)

That's actually softer than We have no current plans for a Linux version.

We'll just have to wait and look for more indication
                    Yep. Been saying that for a while now. People seem to have more fun trying to second-guess Valve...

Comment

It's NOT a violation of non-disclosure as it does NOT convey information, like deanjo implied it did.
                      Well I just had lunch with a friend of mine that does corporate law and I brought up the phrase. In Canada and US that would be considered disclosure.

Comment

Working...
                      X