Evergreen code now in Mesa master!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evergreen code now in Mesa master!

Thanks to Alex Deucher, Richard Li, John Bridgman, and anyone else who contributed to this effort!

Congratulations!

The work was pushed as a single commit adding about 12000 lines to the r600 classic driver.

It kinda is public right now since it's in Mesa master, duh. As to the second question, you'd have to ask Ubuntu maintainers. Also note that they might not compile evergreen driver in anyway if they deem it too unstable regardless of Mesa version.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
      *Happy*
      will this code goes puplic in mesa7.9 ?
      does mesa7.9 goes into ubuntu 10.10 ?

what is the biggest hd5xxx card that the opensource driver can profit from it ?

is an hd5750 to big ?

is an hd5450 to smal?
      I picked up an HD5670 for my home system; that seemed about right for use with the open source drivers.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
        *Happy*
        will this code goes puplic in mesa7.9 ?
        does mesa7.9 goes into ubuntu 10.10 ?

what is the biggest hd5xxx card that the opensource driver can profit from it ?

is an hd5750 to big ?

is an hd5450 to smal?
        Since the shader optimizer is worse than the proprietary driver and Crossfire is not supported, get the best non-59xx card that fits in your budget, case and noise/temp tolerance: ideally an HD 5870.

A very fast processor also helps to compensate the lack of heavy CPU optimization of the driver.

Comment

WoW this is great

i made a few threads about this kind of card and im all happy

i downloaded the code and going to compile it as quickly as posible

and im shure this is going to be installable via the Hardware Drivers on Maverick

PS: is the default (curent) Lucid kernel compatible with the evergreen driver and is 5830 supported

Comment

You need 2.6.35 kernel, which is more recent than what Lucid has IIRC. The 5830 should be supported; if you have problems let us know.
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              You need 2.6.35 kernel, which is more recent than what Lucid has IIRC. The 5830 should be supported; if you have problems let us know.
              yes i understand that (by just looking on the date when it was releasted) and the only problem is that im "still" in somehand a newb when it comes to linux (yes i know the basic commands and stuff + the basic compiling) and the bigest problem was that i dont know how to properly compile the vanila kernel...i need someone to help me (the latest vanila kernel is 2.6.35.3 and it came 2 days ago )

can you make me a direct sucsessfull tutorial on how to compile the kernel without geting the kernel panic on ubuntu lucid

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Auroraa9420 View Post
                yes i understand that (by just looking on the date when it was releasted) and the only problem is that im "still" in somehand a newb when it comes to linux (yes i know the basic commands and stuff + the basic compiling) and the bigest problem was that i dont know how to properly compile the vanila kernel...i need someone to help me (the latest vanila kernel is 2.6.35.3 and it came 2 days ago )

can you make me a direct sucsessfull tutorial on how to compile the kernel without geting the kernel panic on ubuntu lucid

thank you
                Code:
                apt-add-repository ppa:kernel-ppa/ppa
                apt-get update
                apt-get install linux-generic-lts-backport-maverick
                Bada bing, bada boom.

Comment

yes the guy above me told me that this wont work :S

Comment

where is first screenshots of glxgears and ioquake3 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X