Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.3.1 Brings Small Improvements

Phoronix: Wine 1.3.1 Brings Small Improvements

Following Wine's monumental 1.2 release last month that carried more than 23,000+ changes, the second bi-weekly development snapshot of Wine 1.3 is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wine updates are always good news!
    edit*

Steam have just updated there client, I can't play any opengl games (cs dod sven)

anyone else having the problem? I'm on arch.

Comment

Drag and drop is awesome. Internet Explorer was nice back in the day where everything was filled with ActiveX crap that were required for most websites to work, but I guess it's still important for those IE6 webapps at corporate networks; this could very well simply steal a lot of Micrsofoft marketshare.

But guys, c'mon, do something about the input. A gazilion games are unplayable just due to some bad mouse input stuff. Also the entire world uses Ventrilo for voice communication and the push-to-talk button doesn't work when out of focus. You'd think Wine would at least have their priorities straight.

But no... they do not work on it because X.org needs a new input, but when it's there they are not going to work on it because the new implementation doesn't work on older X.org releases >.<

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        But guys, c'mon, do something about the input. A gazilion games are unplayable just due to some bad mouse input stuff. Also the entire world uses Ventrilo for voice communication and the push-to-talk button doesn't work when out of focus. You'd think Wine would at least have their priorities straight.
        Why use vent under wine, when you can use http://www.mangler.org/

It used to be a bit iffy, but since v1.2 its worked perfectly for me!

Comment

Convert to mumble and be happy. Or anything else with a _native_ client.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            Convert to mumble and be happy. Or anything else with a _native_ client.
            I'm not realy that much of an online gamer anymore, however the problems is all these clans and groups.

"May I join"
            -"Come on vent"
            "Please use mumble because it pwns"
            -"Whatever"
            "But it is better"
            -"Just download vent because we rent a server"
            "Yeah but"
            -"Stop whining. We don't even know you. Piss off"

Comment

I'm not realy that much of an online gamer anymore, however the problems is all these clans and groups.

"May I join"
              -"Come on vent"
              -"Whatever"
              "But it is better"
              "Yeah but"
              Just use Mangler[1]!

Its as good as the windows client and works perfectly for me

[1] http://www.mangler.org/

Comment

"May I join"
                -"Come on vent"
                -"Whatever"
                "But it is better"
                "Yeah but"
                That reaction does suck, agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanbreon View Post
                  Just use Mangler[1]!

Its as good as the windows client and works perfectly for me

[1] http://www.mangler.org/
                  Will remember that one. Thanks, awesome! ^^,

Comment

Drag and drop is awesome. Internet Explorer was nice back in the day where everything was filled with ActiveX crap that were required for most websites to work, but I guess it's still important for those IE6 webapps at corporate networks; this could very well simply steal a lot of Micrsofoft marketshare.

But no... they do not work on it because X.org needs a new input, but when it's there they are not going to work on it because the new implementation doesn't work on older X.org releases >.<
                    While XI2 hasn't reached most mainstream distributions already you could always go and get it yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X