Progress On The ATI R600g Gallium3D Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    That's strange then. Afaik r600c should have FBO's if KMS is working properly. You checked whether glxinfo is missing the extensions?
    No. I just installed gallium instead.
    Then I figured that vdrift was unplayable (mostly because of the smoke created by the tyres and also fps was pretty low) so I ended up removing the game too.

BTW, what extensions should I have searched for? Anything with fbo in its name?

Comment

Hmm, I can even play vdrift on my HD3200. Which is about the lowest end GPU supported by r600c/g. Performance is virtually the same there between r600c and r600g. It's not as smooth as on my evergreen but it's playable. But aside from the fps, yes vdrift is difficult to play and requires some skill to master and which car you choose matters a lot, because they all have different physics and behave differently.

Comment

Here torcs also seems to be incapable of changing resolutions. Framerate is indeed horrible when driving in the midst of opponents. I recommend passing them and driving as first.

Comment

ps. As in, game resolution changed, display resolution not. Have I already said how much I hate the short edit window?

Comment

Well, I've been using r600g for a day now. Oh, actually I just reverted back to stock Maverick because I got random X crashes when using Gambit (commercial mesh generation software) through ssh -XC. Nothing showed up in the logs. It died nicely i.e. it logged me out without saying a word then I could log back in but obviously all my unsaved work was gone.

I only found this in syslog:
            [ 6390.539688] radeon 0000:01:00.0: ffff8800c24e1c00 reserve failed for wait

Comment

Originally posted by stev47 View Post
              Same problem here. Have you made any progress tracking down that bug?
              To those interested: I've tracked down the problem and posted a bug-report here:
              https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=31391

Comment

Working...
              X