No announcement yet.

Open-Source 2D, 3D For ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just pushed a bunch of evergreen patches to r600c in mesa. They should fix at least some of the issues you are seeing. Also, changing the memory clocks on evergreen works just fine; same as other asics. See this page for more on the pm options:

Comment

thanks, just updated mesa, let's see..
      • glxgears: I don't see corruption.
      • neverball: colours still wrong -> screenshot. Even though glxgears behaved this time, neverball seemed to corrupt others (see the red stripes in the window border for example)
      • geartrain didn't crash the system, but it took a trip to the 60s: screenshot. Those colours change, synchronized to the turning of the gears (normal- and colour-buffers mixed up or something? Then again, why don't we see non-saturated colors?). Those red stripes weren't visible, they turned up sometime during making and copy/pasting the screenshot around.
      • When I tried to do stuff with geartrain running, X crashed. The backtrace lacks debugging symbols, I'll see if I can fix that. Maybe xorg doesn't like splitdebug? Hmm..
      • kde4: quickly got a segfault similar to the above

Those red stripe-corruption only appears when 3d apps are running. Using a pure 2d desktop (or using xv) seems to work quite well so far.

My second screen turning black: happened again, reproducible. Switch to a VT, back to X, second screen is off. As said, a workaround is to re-issue
      xrandr --output DVI-1 --off; xrandr --output DVI-1 --auto --right-of DVI-0
      Now where would I report that bug? kernel/KMS? Xorg? xf86-radeon? Or is it known already?

Power Management:
      Code:
       ~> echo "low" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
       ~> cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/radeon_pm_info 
      default engine clock: 850000 kHz
      current engine clock: 399990 kHz
      default memory clock: 1200000 kHz
      current memory clock: 1200000 kHz
      voltage: 950 mV
      doesn't look like it's working. I'm using a dual-head system, but even with one monitor switched off (xrandr --output DVI-1 --off), the memory clocks won't go down.

Comment

Not all power tables specify lower memory clocks (especially on desktop cards and in multi-head power states).

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          [*]geartrain didn't crash the system, but it took a trip to the 60s: screenshot. Those colours change, synchronized to the turning of the gears (normal- and colour-buffers mixed up or something? Then again, why don't we see non-saturated colors?). Those red stripes weren't visible, they turned up sometime during making and copy/pasting the screenshot around.
          Whoa, that's a funky looking geartrain...
          Test signature

Comment

No 2d or 3d for me..

I have an acer laptop with switchable ironlake/radeon hd 5470 graphics. I have compiled code from evergreen_accel branch, but it hangs when starting X.

Anyone has this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0 View Post
              I have an acer laptop with switchable ironlake/radeon hd 5470 graphics. I have compiled code from evergreen_accel branch, but it hangs when starting X.

Anyone has this issue?
              as mentioned earlier in this thread, you need this DRM patch:

there are a few other patches not included in mainline kernels that fix some issues. With this DRM patch I get fully working 2d operation. 3D is a different matter, see my post on the last page. I haven't even been able to run a full piglit test without crashing the system (with either r600c or r600g).

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
                as mentioned earlier in this thread, you need this DRM patch:

there are a few other patches not included in mainline kernels that fix some issues. With this DRM patch I get fully working 2d operation. 3D is a different matter, see my post on the last page. I haven't even been able to run a full piglit test without crashing the system (with either r600c or r600g).
                Are these changes already in 2.6.36-git?

/me is compiling kernel26-git, again, sigh..

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0 View Post
                  /me is compiling kernel26-git, again, sigh..
                  You should compile drm-radeon-testing instead...
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

FYI Andre has committed a number of fixes to the 600c Evergreen support - agd5f's initial impression of the updated code is that the functionality on Evergreen is now pretty close to what you get on 6xx/7xx (although he mentioned some problems with mipmaps).

Might be a good point to give the 600c Evergreen code another try.
                    Test signature

Comment

• That's good to hear. I'll do some testing and comparison with my HD3200 later. Hope the mipmap problem gets resolved soon also.

Comment

Working...
                      X