No announcement yet.

Open-Source 2D, 3D For ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series GPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, sod that, then. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

• Great, I see the broken mipmap thing is now fixed.

Comment

• indeed, mipmaps work. Nice!

Comment

• Is evergreen support in xorg-edgers repository?

wanna try it. and I will grab latest 2.6.36.

Comment

• I haven't seen a repo for the evergreen-accel branch of xf86-video-ati (which you need for Evergreen accel right now). Once the evergreen-accel branch gets merged into xf86-video-ati master you should be OK.
            Test signature

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              I haven't seen a repo for the evergreen-accel branch of xf86-video-ati (which you need for Evergreen accel right now). Once the evergreen-accel branch gets merged into xf86-video-ati master you should be OK.
              I hope it gets merged soon. FGLRX doesnt work on my system period.. xf86-video-ati is my only hope..

Comment

• You can download and build the source yourself - it's not that hard.

Anyways, I think the merge should happen soon. It was waiting on a couple of things (a -ati release and some evergreen fixes) but I believe the last of those pre-requisites happened yesterday afternoon.
                Test signature

Comment

• could someone please point out the steps or a link to that needed on a gentoo-system with a 2.6.35-kernel (or even 2.6.36-rc* kernel if that's needed)

to get it working - I mean the libs and programs, including the modifications to the ebuilds for the evergreen-accel

fglrx is getting better but still messed up in several areas

many thanks in advance

Comment

• you should use .36, .35 contains a few bugs that you'd otherwise have to manually patch.

gentoo: use the x11 overlay for mesa-9999 ebuild

xf86-video-ati, manual install:

xf86-video-ati, portage:

Comment

• that was fast ! Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                      X