Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail Video & Voice Chat Comes To Linux

Phoronix: Gmail Video & Voice Chat Comes To Linux

For those that enjoy using Gmail for e-mail and chat but have been missing out on the video and voice chat capabilities when using this Google service, there's now official video and voice chat support available for Linux. Gmail video and voice support was added nearly two years ago and has been supported under Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X, but released last night was the first Linux plug-in offering this multimedia support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So far I've found only .deb to download.

Is there any simple way of installing this deb file to Arch?

By 'simple' I mean that it doesn't include manual extraction of deb file and copying of extracted files to their designated location...

Comment

I suppose you could install dpkg?

Comment

Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
        So far I've found only .deb to download.

Is there any simple way of installing this deb file to Arch?

By 'simple' I mean that it doesn't include manual extraction of deb file and copying of extracted files to their designated location...
        Install alien and convert it like this:
        Code:
        alien --to-rpm the-file.deb

Comment

After two years...

Comment

It may be late, but at least they got it done.

Comment

How well does it work?

Comment

There should be a .tgz tarball so that it'll be a simple matter to make a PKGBUILD to generate a package for Arch

Comment

Hasn't gmail voice and video been available for quite a while on Empathy and Pidgin?

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
                    There should be a .tgz tarball so that it'll be a simple matter to make a PKGBUILD to generate a package for Arch
                    sure:

deb2targz

Comment

Working...
                    X