Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI reps - Let's have an update on the HD5850 open sources status

To ATI reps,

Let's have an update on the HD5850 open sources status. Is the specs and docs still on schedule?

And more importantly will we, the open source community, get all the info we need to enable us to use the absolute full capabilities of our 5850 cards?

In other words will we be get all the info needed to control and program every minutest detail of our cards (except for Digital Restrictions Manager UVD crap)?

I stated the question that way so that there's no misunderstanding if we're getting full specs to potentiality create an open source driver that surpasses either windows or proprietary closed source drivers.

P.S. Wrong board. Should have posted to the Open Source ATI board. Edit function doesn't work.

Comment

Not wrong board, it is 'Wrong Card'! You've got yourself a wrong card and the wrong time. NOthing to see here, move along

Comment

LOL. FunkyRider never gets tired of trolling

Comment

I have HD5850 and it's working fine on Ubuntu 10.04. The only problem is tearing (two tearing issues):
          1) Tearing when moving windows. I kind of made it bearable by increasing the refresh rate in Compiz to 70 frames/sec.
          2) Tearing on my secondary screen. A single horizontal tear that always has a different position after a reboot.

Comment

HD5xxx support is in Mesa master now. If you install Mesa from git and kernel 2.6.35, you should have 2d and 3d acceleration.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you will also need the X driver (xf86-video-ati) built from the new Evergreen branch, or 3D accel won't operate.

Note that the code is brand new and *just* started working so we are not recommending it for general use yet.
              Test signature

Comment

Working...
              X