Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id Software Open-Sources ET, RTCW

Phoronix: id Software Open-Sources ET, RTCW

id Software has announced from their annual QuakeCon event that they have open-sourced their Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and Return To Castle Wolfenstein games under the GNU GPL. id Software is known for open-sourcing their games and engines after some years of use and this day has finally come for these two very popular Wolfenstein titles...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nasty Can't wait for a first games on ioetqw engine

Comment

Originally posted by tares View Post
      nasty can't wait for a first games on ioetqw engine
      rtcw =/= etqw

Comment

Is the source code of Doom 3 released? I thought it would be released shortly but these releases of code makes me question that I might simply missed Doom 3's source code's release...

Pretty cool that id released rtcw and et, though, because I thought that these were not supposed to be flossed.

Comment

I thought the Doom 3 sources were held up due to some problem with Creative having patented an algorithm that's used in the shadow volume generation code.

Comment

I don't think id will release the Doom3 engine before Rage has been released. In any case big ups to id for continuing to release their stuff as Free Software!

Comment

might I add, steam is selling all the ID and bethesda games (they have) on sale for 70usd for quakecon. Good time to pick up your ID goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                Is the source code of Doom 3 released? I thought it would be released shortly but these releases of code makes me question that I might simply missed Doom 3's source code's release...

Pretty cool that id released rtcw and et, though, because I thought that these were not supposed to be flossed.
                I've seen a few random tweets from people claiming the release should be imminent, but nothing to back it up. I doubt it will come before Rage is released too.

Comment

Great news! I really like iD's policy and commitment when it comes to open-sourcing their code

Comment

Working...
                  X