ATI Catalyst 10.7 drivers don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Catalyst 10.7 drivers don't work

I'm using Gentoo with hardened kernel 2.6.32.x (grsecurity) and dual video cards, Radeon HD 5850 and Nvidia 8800 GTX configured on 2 separate "layouts" in xorg.conf.

The Nvidia drivers load and X starts for that X server but not for the ATI layout Xserver.

Any suggestions?

Attached is the Xorg log.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

the log says that fglrx could not locate the radeon video card... also, what does the dmesg log say?

Comment

you explicitely set the BusID in each device's [Section "device"] ?

Comment

You're trying to run two proprietary video drivers on one system at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
          you explicitely set the BusID in each device's [Section "device"] ?
          Yes I did cause the xorg.conf man page says to do that when more than one video card is present.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
            You're trying to run two proprietary video drivers on one system at the same time?
            yes I don't see a problem with that. I tried running just the ATI driver but got the exact same results.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
              the log says that fglrx could not locate the radeon video card... also, what does the dmesg log say?
              It doesn't say that. It says there's no matching device in xorg.conf for the HDMI audio device.

Comment

As you can see it stops when loading libvbe.so

Comment

Working...
                X