massive performance loss in cat 10.7 win/lin in opengl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• massive performance loss in cat 10.7 win/lin in opengl

well, i upgraded from OSS to cat 10.7 just to test if any improvement made it into this new release(some minor did, the common show stopers are in there like always), then i proceeded to open wine and play some l4d and lineage2 later to test the stability, but unlike previous releases the game was really creepy slow(ofc i reinstalled everything from the ground and blah blah, i have 2 years in this suffering so im quite pro rigth now doing this), after i checked the drive was perfectly fine, so i decided to bench unigine sanctuary(the lastest downloadable ofc!) and my surprise 18FPS(with crossfire so lol+) LOL.

after i saw that i thoght it was me ofc so i proceded to my win7 x64 partition and downloaded unigine sanctuary(same lin ver ofc!) and in opengl again 18 FPS but when i restart the bench and force it to dx10 it reaches 100FPS.

so right know kwin is screwed again, wine got a brand new ultra stutering(like microstutering but 1 sec long) and my 4850X2 OC is slower than my office nvidia geforce 8 GTS 320(which give me 36 fps at max details/AA at 1366*768 or 1440*900) but i got less black screens bug now and less kernel crashes

anyone else have noticed that mounstrous performance hit in openGL? or a way to make kwin to work ? or to fix the stuttering in wine?

im gonna laugh hard if the r600 driver that now exposes GL 2.1 is faster in this bench and wine than fglrx.

ill post from my home the html files of the bench(im at moment in the office)

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    well, i upgraded from OSS to cat 10.7 just to test if any improvement made it into this new release(some minor did, the common show stopers are in there like always), then i proceeded to open wine and play some l4d and lineage2 later to test the stability, but unlike previous releases the game was really creepy slow(ofc i reinstalled everything from the ground and blah blah, i have 2 years in this suffering so im quite pro rigth now doing this), after i checked the drive was perfectly fine, so i decided to bench unigine sanctuary(the lastest downloadable ofc!) and my surprise 18FPS(with crossfire so lol+) LOL.

after i saw that i thoght it was me ofc so i proceded to my win7 x64 partition and downloaded unigine sanctuary(same lin ver ofc!) and in opengl again 18 FPS but when i restart the bench and force it to dx10 it reaches 100FPS.

so right know kwin is screwed again, wine got a brand new ultra stutering(like microstutering but 1 sec long) and my 4850X2 OC is slower than my office nvidia geforce 8 GTS 320(which give me 36 fps at max details/AA at 1366*768 or 1440*900) but i got less black screens bug now and less kernel crashes

anyone else have noticed that mounstrous performance hit in openGL? or a way to make kwin to work ? or to fix the stuttering in wine?

im gonna laugh hard if the r600 driver that now exposes GL 2.1 is faster in this bench and wine than fglrx.

ill post from my home the html files of the bench(im at moment in the office)
    I happen to play left 4 dead and i know that wine v1.3.0 has a large performance boost when you do rgb/srgb texture conversions. As for the stuttering, that is probably linked to multi-core rendering and volume textures not being rendered... to fix the problem just simply disable multi-core rendering. As for lineage 2, also give these same changes as i recommended for left 4 dead and that should fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandel View Post
      I happen to play left 4 dead and i know that wine v1.3.0 has a large performance boost when you do rgb/srgb texture conversions. As for the stuttering, that is probably linked to multi-core rendering and volume textures not being rendered... to fix the problem just simply disable multi-core rendering. As for lineage 2, also give these same changes as i recommended for left 4 dead and that should fix the problem.
      well about the wine problem is only present in fglrx i think cuz my nvidia pc handle my games as smooth as always be wine 1.2 or 1.3, about multicore rendering let me try that one

now the massive performance loss is not about wine cuz is present in unigine sanctuary/tropic too and is present in windows 7 x64 too but directx 10.1 in windows perform normally the performance hit is only in opengl

Comment

do a bug report on the official "Unofficial" bug report website for linux drivers that is located at: http://ati.cchtml.com/ (And make sure to state that the performance loss also hits windows)

Comment

Working...
        X