X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenGL 2.1 on r600c

I took a look at the commit log for Mesa, and I found this:
    r600: bump glsl version

From what I understand, Wine prefers OpenGL 2.1 so things should start working better with that.

I'm not at home, so I haven't been able to test it yet. Anybody tried it out yet?

The devs did some testing... nothing broke on the tests that already worked, a bunch of new tests were enabled, and about 3/4 of those passed. Most of the differences between GL 2.0 and 2.1 seem to be in the common code above the individual HW drivers.
    Test signature

Comment

Please not that r600c have supported most 2.1 extensions for a long time. This mostly (only?) adds GLSL 1.2, and not all parts of GLSL 1.2 is quite working yet.

So this patch makes some, but not all, programs requiring GLSL 1.2 work, but if an application where to have two code paths, one for GLSL 1.0 and one for 1.2, and the 1.2 code path used something from the non-working stuff, this would break it.

That being said, I know of no application this breaks, and wine seams to like it, so I'm happy...

Comment

This... this makes me happy.

I can actually (re-)port many of my projects to Linux now without needing the proprietary drivers installed.

Comment

Working...
        X