hd 3650 AGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    best: send that agp crap back and buy new hardware. even the cheapest cpu+onboard vga combo is better than you have got now.
    I know, I know ..... BUT this box is meant to be a spare game station for my visitors ... and besides that it's an HD 3850 (yep!, AGP ), which is still VERY capable of playing nice games such as Regnum On Line and even with pixel shaders 4.0 which usually astonishes my friends -- BTW if you haven't done it yet give Regnum a try. It's one of the best (if not THE best) FREE (as of free beer) MMORPG for Linux I've ever played.

Now, going back to my questions, could anyone be so "gentle" to answer my doubts?

Originally posted by TheoSchmidt View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "PCI interrupt latency on AGP port set to 248"?
    How do you change/set this value in linux? Is it a BIOS config? (my BIOS doesn't have such a thing)
    Last, where did you get that number from? (how come so specific?)

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I have the same card, an HD3650 AGP, i have fglrx drivers, but i don't use Compiz anymore, it's too buggy. 3D games runes fine, even wine's games
      I tried open-source drivers, they are good, no problems, just the 3D performances are low, but it's normal. In ubuntu 11.04, unity is very buggy, i prefer 10.10 for now and wait for 11.10 for open-source better (3D) drivers.

Comment

Working...
      X