Open source "Radeon" driver: vsync, vblank_mode, tearing and (open)GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I think the default for the open source GL stack is sync-to-vblank disabled. There's a driconf utility to turn it on IIRC, are you using that ?

Just going from memory here but I believe the default GL output option for mplayer still does quite a bit of processing on the CPU (eg colour space conversion aka CSC). There are sub-options to do CSC on the GPU as well, have you tried those ?
    Thank you for the suggestions. I've searched mplayer's man page and the 'online documentation' for the term "colorspace". The only thing I can find is a command line option "mplayer -vo gl:ati-hack" which does not work either.

The utility you're talking about I think is "driconf". It generates a .drirc file in ~. I already adjusted the parameter "vblank_mode" from 0 to 1 as suggested on the 'net. Did not help. I'm still under the impression that the 'radeon' driver does not support vsync with GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Meneer Jansen View Post
      Code:
      do_wait: drmWaitVBlank returned -1, IRQs don't seem to be working correctly. Try adjusting the vblank_mode configuration parameter
      Sounds like open drivers with too old DRM. Might also want to move the question to open driver section of forum if this is really about them.

Comment

(specifically the most recent place I've seen that error with was r6xx/r7xx before agd5f implemented interrupts)

Comment

ps. Dammit for the edit limit. This seems to be a problem with earlier chips, never mind that before. (Xpress 200M integrated graphics card)
          I really have no idea if interrupts should work with your setup or not.

Comment

@nanonyme Thank you for your reply. I agree with you: I should move this question to the Open Drivers section. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this.

About the remark about old DRM support. Does anybody know if this has been fixed (or ever will be)? And if so, in which 'radeon' driver version has it been fixed and how do I check my driver version.

Comment

Originally posted by Meneer Jansen View Post
              About the remark about old DRM support. Does anybody know if this has been fixed (or ever will be)? And if so, in which 'radeon' driver version has it been fixed and how do I check my driver version.
              No idea if this has been fixed but AFAIK you cannot get vsync without proper interrupt support. For what it's worth, vsync seems to work fine on my R500 card with the radeon driver (but obviously this doesn't mean anything, since you have a R300).

Comment

Continued in the Open Source Drivers section (here) where this dis discussion belongs.

Comment

Working...
                X