The Amnesia Game Gets Ready For A Linux Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    This game look very original and a lot of fun. PayPal is also available so I'm gonna buy it.
    Their games aren't really "fun." Well done and creepy is a better description, except for requiem which is just weird.

Because of a past as sort-of-toys (explained nicely here and here ) important features of games are: How "fun" they are, replay value and h...

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      Their games aren't really "fun." Well done and creepy is a better description, except for requiem which is just weird.
      They are horror, I know... Why would I buy a totaly random game?

Fun, in my book, is recreation that, while in itself might not be nessecarily joyfull, leads to enjoyment and relaxation.

Maybe I'm just wierd, but didn't we all used to play with toycars that heavily violated trafic rules by drifting insanely fast on carpets with city prints on them while smashing the badguy's car in a chase and let it crash/explore A-team style? This is bad and cruel but totally full of fun *God I wish I could still entertain myself like back when I was a little kid *

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Maybe I'm just wierd, but didn't we all used to play with toycars that heavily violated trafic rules by drifting insanely fast on carpets with city prints on them while smashing the badguy's car in a chase and let it crash/explore A-team style? This is bad and cruel but totally full of fun *God I wish I could still entertain myself like back when I was a little kid *
        You did?

I spent ages setting up traffic lights for my toy cars, working on coordination and tweaking the timing, trying to maximize traffic flow and decreasing accidents. That was really hard work, I'm glad I've grown up to become a boring adult who can just drink his troubles away...

Maybe kids just play differently?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
          I spent ages setting up traffic lights for my toy cars, working on coordination and tweaking the timing, trying to maximize traffic flow and decreasing accidents. That was really hard work, I'm glad I've grown up to become a boring adult who can just drink his troubles away...

There's actually probably a simulation game out there that does just that.

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            You did?
            I used to make my own movie action scenes like that (with explosions in my head) and numbing self-thought up music ("ta-ta-ra-ta---ta-ta! Action! Bam Boom!" xD).

Ispent ages setting up traffic lights for my toy cars, working on coordination and tweaking the timing, trying to maximize traffic flow and decreasing accidents. That was really hard work, I'm glad I've grown up to become a boring adult who can just drink his troubles away...

Well I also used to love building things with Lego Technic and the traditional Mechano (not this new crap with little more than three parts that you can click together to get a whole truck) ^^,

Comment

The demo is out.
              Welcome to the Amnesia: The Dark Descent website. Amnesia is a first person survival horror game for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. It's out now!

I'm seeding the torrent.
              Consider bandwidth costs and download via torrent.

Comment

The game is out, I just purchased it and am downloading the full game (about 950meg) right now.

Comment

Looking forward to some quick reviews. Might pick it up if it works ok with the Free AMD/ATI drivers.

Comment

Radeon + free driver doesn't seem to work

Doesn't work here with my Radeon. Game detects "Mesa DRI R600 (RV770 9440) 20090101 TCL DRI" driver but starting the game results in an error "Not enough draw buffers supported". Pity. Probably have to wait a while until the drivers improve. *sigh* Ah well

Comment

As mentioned in the other thread, there's some bugs in core Mesa that needs to be addressed first. Before those are fixed there's not really any point in filing bugs for individual drivers:

Comment

Working...
                      X