Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running The Linux 2.6.35 Kernel With A Core i7 Notebook

Phoronix: Running The Linux 2.6.35 Kernel With A Core i7 Notebook

While we benchmark the latest Linux kernel code on a daily basis at kernel-tracker.phoromatic.com using our automated testing platform built on the Phoronix Test Suite, now that the Linux 2.6.35 kernel was released, we have run a formalized set of kernel benchmarks on a ThinkPad W510 notebook with an Intel Core i7 CPU to see how the Linux 64-bit kernel is running with this high-end notebook under the Linux 2.6.32, 2.6.33, 2.6.34, and 2.6.35 releases.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I would be very interested to see a test of the recently released HP Envy 14 notebook with this latest Kernel.
    The latest HP Envy 14 has a dual GPU solution (intel+AMD), and I'm wondering if the latest work made by David Airlies is enough to deal with it (GPU switching at login + power saving patches for AMD GPU).

Comment

Does the boost in Apache performance compensate for the drop in Apache performance that has occurred between the 2.6.18 kernel used in CentOS 5.5 and the 2.6.32 kernel used in RHEL 6.0 Beta 2 WS?

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Some pretty significant performance gains there ^^,

Is the Linux kernel 'crew' monitoring the Phoronix benchmark 'tracker'?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          Some pretty significant performance gains there ^^,
          Then take a look at this:

and here:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=102119&p=1 (the last comment).

22% improvement in sysbench on 4 cores CPU. There's a chance these patches will be merged in 2.6.36.

Comment

I like to have that TCP Google booster how i do that...

Anyway how to update kernel on Ubuntu?, i don't want to wait until October for 10.10

Comment

Those figures are fscking awesome

22% improvement in sysbench on 4 cores CPU. There's a chance these patches will be merged in 2.6.36.
              Holy crap! Keep it comming, keep it comming!

Comment

Up and running that was fast and all by my self

Comment

That's funny if network use is 100% for single file download (outside browser), web browsing works like nothing happened, well that 3% slowdown but that's nothing, good job Google, can't wait for 6th of Chrome, sorry for my invasion of your forum, i apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Those figures are fscking awesome

Holy crap! Keep it comming, keep it comming!
                    Yes, results should be even better. However, I tried myself, but I did notice only a small difference in sysbench as far (Athlon X2). I'll test more thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
                    X