Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeeGo 1.0 IVI For Your Car Is Released

Phoronix: MeeGo 1.0 IVI For Your Car Is Released

MeeGo 1.0 for netbooks was released back in May (and an update already released to that) while a month ago there was an early release of MeeGo 1.1 For Handsets released with the official release coming later in the year with MeeGo 1.1 for netbooks. Today "MeeGo 1.0 IVI" has been released and this is designed for in-vehicle infotainment systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

They obviously misunderstood the roman numeric system. scnr

Can MeeGo also manage a car's electronics besides the entertainment system?

Comment

Boardcomputer running this would be heaven, although they will only function as entertainment because the entire industry uses other collaborative software and industry standards for controlling the vital functions of the car

Comment

MeeGo IVI Test

I have an Atom platform on my desk, so I couldn't resist to test this stuff.
        Well, it still is at early stage, and long is the road before this thing ends up on a car dashboard...
        The navigation software is c... needs to be perfected, and Fenec is very slow.
        The user interface and menu navigation is smooth though, but very incomplete.
        The windows manager is XFCE by default, and the multimedia software is Totem.
        Network connection seems to be exhaustive (3G, Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth), and my WiFi card was running out of the box (Ralink chipset)
        Haven't seen anything specific to automotive environment (CAN, LIN, FlexRay...)

So a bit disappointed by this first release, but that's a first release...

If intel is targeting embedded markets with MeeGo, let's hope they won't do the same mistake on Z6xx as they did on the Z5xx, delivering and not maintaining crappy graphics drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by ruliano View Post
          let's hope they won't do the same mistake on Z6xx as they did on the Z5xx, delivering and not maintaining crappy graphics drivers.
          No, on z6xx they make it so windoze will NOT run at all, which they figure will probably stop anyone from making a netbook based on it..... which to them justifies a total lack of driver support.

Comment

See my video of it running on GMA500 based Joggler

Comment

Working...
            X