Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigs of Rods Simulator Game Gets Marked 0.37-r1

Phoronix: Rigs of Rods Simulator Game Gets Marked 0.37-r1

One of the free software projects we have been talking to as of late about better enhancing their benchmarking capabilities for likely integration into the Phoronix Test Suite is Rigs of Rods. While the graphics within this driving simulator may not be the best (at least when compared to Unigine, or within the open-source world, Nexuiz) it's not the graphics that the developers pride themselves on but rather the physics capabilities. Rigs of Rods began as a truck driving simulator game, but since then has turned into a rather interesting physics sandbox of goodies. A new release of their code-base was just made...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Lol this is totally awesome!
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Now if they would make objects aware of themselves so they can collapse in on themselve and apply DMM (Digital Molecular Matter) than this would be mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Now if they would make objects aware of themselves so they can collapse in on themselve and apply DMM (Digital Molecular Matter) than this would be mayhem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAQ_j23PtWc
        Hi, i've coded the moving object collision detection subsystem of RoR. In RoR, objects are aware of themselves.

The only exception are the wheels, for which for reasons of backwards compatibility i have disabled self collisions within the same object (some of old RoR's cars have constantly touching wheels, to the car's body).

Apart from the wheels, all other collisions depend on the designer's work (if he has defined what is collidable and what is not).

Comment

Originally posted by estama View Post
          Hi, i've coded the moving object collision detection subsystem of RoR. In RoR, objects are aware of themselves.

The only exception are the wheels, for which for reasons of backwards compatibility i have disabled self collisions within the same object (some of old RoR's cars have constantly touching wheels, to the car's body).

Apart from the wheels, all other collisions depend on the designer's work (if he has defined what is collidable and what is not).
          Good!

BTW breaking DMM glass would totally rock

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
            Good!

BTW breaking DMM glass would totally rock
            RoR can already simulate a wide gamut of matter (glass/plastic/metal...). You just have to design it in an appropriate way, and it'll work correctly (disclaimer: i've designed/coded RoR's physics of matter). There are some videos on youtube that people experiment with breaking different kinds of solids.

The only difference between RoR and DMM, is that RoR doesn't do dynamic segmentation of solids as DMM does. On the other hand DMM is constrained on modelling "dead" matter right now. You cannot build a working car with DMM.

Comment

Hi all,
              I've got following error when I try to compile RoR

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/rorconfig.dir/configurator.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol 'gtk_widget_get_window'
              /usr/bin/ld: note: 'gtk_widget_get_window' is defined in DSO /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
              /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
              collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
              make[2]: *** [bin/rorconfig] Error 1
              make[1]: *** [source/configurator/CMakeFiles/rorconfig.dir/all] Error 2

Can anybody help me? I'm using Fedora 32 bit with cmake 2.8.

Comment

It took a long time but I got Rigs of Rods 0.37 working on my computer yesterday. Sadly, my netbook is too weak to do anything fun. I was hoping to script some Burnout type crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Again617 View Post
                  It took a long time but I got Rigs of Rods 0.37 working on my computer yesterday. Sadly, my netbook is too weak to do anything fun. I was hoping to script some Burnout type crashes.
                  Can it render in non-realtime? If so you could at least make a vid

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    Can it render in non-realtime? If so you could at least make a vid
                    I have not been able to find anything like that. Sadly, it looks as if I'll wait until I have a more powerful computer before playing with RoR again.

Comment

Working...
                    X