Linux 2.6.35 Kernel Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boerkel
    Thanks for the link. It really helped. I changed the power_profile to low. Is there any way to check if it worked?
    Check the last few posts of this thread:

You'll find the exact commands to check your chip's temperature and switch between power modes.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
      For more info on radeon pm:

Note that in 2.6.35, there is a mid profile as well. It's not enabled by default.
      Ahh. "mid" seems to be the sweet spot for this Thinkpad with a FireGL 5700. The GPU temperature drops about 14 degrees C and Kwin is still snappy. With "low", it felt like I was taking KDE on a snorkelling trip.

Thanx!

Comment

I seem to be having a string of bad luck with these latest kernels. In 2.6.34, the radeon module crashed on load, and with 2.6.35 my ethernet card stops working:

Code:
        NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (sky2): transmit queue 0 timed out
        after which dmesg gets spammed with:
        Code:
        sky2 0000:05:00.0: eth0: tx timeout
        sky2 0000:05:00.0: eth0: transmit ring 107 .. 66 report=107 done=107
        and there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it. People have been reporting similar issues for years, but I can't find any real fix ().

Comment

Originally posted by Xipeos View Post
          with 2.6.35 my ethernet card stops working
          I have the same problem on Fedora Rawhide. My ethernet was fine before the kernel upgrade now I can't update anything.

Comment

UPDATE: It appears my problem is related to KNetworkManager.

Comment

Does anyone else have problems resuming from suspend on Thinkpads with ATI chips with this version? I often, but not always, get stuck with a blinking cursor at the top left. Will these f*****g suspend/resume quirks never go away?

Comment

Probably not soon. Try http://www.tuxonice.net

Comment

Suspend was pretty reliable with 2.6.34 but I really appreciate the power management of the new version. Seems to be a regression here.

Comment

Working...
                  X