Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.35 Kernel Officially Released

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.35 Kernel Officially Released

While it's no surprise, the Linux 2.6.35 kernel was just released this Sunday afternoon by Linus Torvalds...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Goooooooodie.... hello power management!

Comment

Nice.
      So any OpenSuse Veterans around who can tell me how I can cleanly update to 2.6.35? I switched over from Gentoo when 11.3 was released and I'm still getting used to things.

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
        Goooooooodie.... hello power management!
        Is there anything to do to use pm or is it switched on per default?

Comment

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
          Is there anything to do to use pm or is it switched on per default?
          I think that would depend on your distribution of choice?

Comment

Should be on by default -- but the default is to use profiles, so you have to switch to lower or higher states.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
              Nice.
              So any OpenSuse Veterans around who can tell me how I can cleanly update to 2.6.35? I switched over from Gentoo when 11.3 was released and I'm still getting used to things.
              This repository contains latest Kernel snapshots, I don't know which repo contains the latest stable kernel, but there should be one. alternately you can still compile the kernel yourself.

Comment

For more info on radeon pm:

Note that in 2.6.35, there is a mid profile as well. It's not enabled by default.

Comment

Thanks for the link. It really helped. I changed the power_profile to low. Is there any way to check if it worked?

Comment

Originally posted by Boerkel View Post
                    Thanks for the link. It really helped. I changed the power_profile to low. Is there any way to check if it worked?
                    in terminal : "sensors" to see temperatures, "powertop" to see power consumption

Comment

Working...
                    X