r500 opengl 2.0 .... where is this ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid 1 Minute Edit limit...

i have make an mistake my Problem is with the r600 Driver. maybe it change everything an bit or maybe not.

Comment

r300g is a completely different driver from r600, so that bug has nothing to do with the problems you were talking about. If there is no bug regarding crashing and performance issues in WoW with r300g, you should open one.

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
        r300g is a completely different driver from r600, so that bug has nothing to do with the problems you were talking about. If there is no bug regarding crashing and performance issues in WoW with r300g, you should open one.
        The performance is on all Radeon drivers very low. And if you change the clock ( with PM profile low or high ) the performance is everytime the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
          The performance is on all Radeon drivers very low.
          The reason for a slow down on r300g could be very different than the reason for a slow down on r600. Again, open up a bug for your issues with r300g if such a bug doesn't exist already.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
            Are all these functions hw accelerated? i.e. on WoW there is somewhere an SW fallback (1 up to 4 FPS and the fglrx reach on my hw around 100-120fps) and the game crash randomly. on the bug tracker there are many bug reports about this.
            Regarding the random crashing: I don't think it's specific to r300g. I get random crashes on both r600 and i965. But funnily enough, the i965 runs much more smoothly than my r600, and the r600 has some minor rendering errors. I don't know what the exact framerate on r600 is, but it can't be more than 15-20fps.

Comment

Originally posted by pvtcupcakes View Post
              I don't know what the exact framerate on r600 is, but it can't be more than 15-20fps.
              If i use -opengl like i say 1-4 FPS an some Graphic errors. With the D3D rendering is fine and the Frame Rate is around 10 up to 25 FPS.
              It does not matter the GPU clock ( low 300/500 and high 720/910 exactly the same FPS )
              Testet today with latest Client version and wine 1.2 and Drivers from the ppa

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Why would we not be putting efforts into Catalyst ? We need the proprietary driver for a number of markets, particularly workstation.

The Gallium3D driver for 3xx-5xx seems to be getting pretty close to becoming the default. The Gallium3D driver for 6xx-7xx has also been moving ahead pretty quickly in the last couple of weeks. Both glisse and airlied are working on it, which is always a Good Thing.
                When the gallium driver becames default the old driver is gonna be removed? Because right now the gallium driver only works with KMS (2.6.35 and git versions of mesa and radeon drivers), and KMS is still highly unstable on my laptop with X1400: i got hard freezes frquently after 1 hour/6 hours/1 day of use and there arent any logs written to disk, so i am still using UMS...

Comment

Don't think there is any intention of removing the classic driver, it would just not be used by default.

The interesting question is what would happen when the user forced UMS at boot. Right now the classic driver handles both KMS and UMS (as a result of the "radeon rewrite" effort) but not sure what would happen once Gallium3D driver became the default.

My guess is that you would fall back to SW rendering but maybe there's already a plan for something more sophisticated.
                  Test signature

Comment

It just exits with an error message if KMS is not detected. I don't think anyone cares about DRI1 in Gallium.

Comment

Time is better spent fixing kms problems than extending ums support.

Comment

Working...
                      X