ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    One essential part of holding something back is, well, holding it back. I'm not going to give you a list of the stuff we *didn't* release
    I believe he was asking about stuff you *initially* didn't release, but where you changed your mind and actually released it later (which according to you happened in several instances).

I listed what you added in R5xx 3D acceleration 1.5 that wasn't in 1.4: probably some of that meets the above criteria.

Comment

• That wasn't how I understood Q's question but you may be right.
      Test signature

Comment

That wasn't how I understood Q's question but you may be right.
        Q has a very mischievous streak. I suspect that he knows what he's saying a lot better than he makes it look. He probably worded the question precisely to ask both things.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised. Anyways, I'm not answering both
          Test signature

Comment

• Bridgman, can you say why you thought fast Z-clears or MSAA were on the hold-back list?

Comment

• Yeah, we just didn't have time to go through all the potential patent & IP issues and they weren't on the critical path for driver development anyways.

We could have delayed the initial info release until these were worked through but splitting them out and coming back to them later seemed like a better approach. We don't talk about things we held back until we actually release them though, since we don't know at the time if we *are* going to be able to release them.
              Test signature

Comment

• Sure, but by your analogy we're not holding back "an electric car" we're holding back small, non-critical options in the hybrid drivetrain management software.
                Test signature

Comment

• Git log hints ioquake might possibly work. Just echoing.

Comment

Did I mention how much I hate having to delete and re-post every time I want to edit something ?
                    Maybe you should ask Micheal for mod privileges...

Comment

• Q3 now works without glitches and even compiz now seems to work fine (didnt test all the plugins, especialy those with heavy shader usage)

Comment

Working...
                      X