XvBA Segmentation Fault on ATI 10.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
    Anyone that can help me to get this thing to build correctly?
    I have the exact same problem that you have. I can't compile libva (after I patched) because of those errors in libtool. I'm also using Arch Linux.

I'd like to add that I tried using an older version of xvba-video (0.6.11), the one that's compatible with the libva in the Arch repos.
    I did get vainfo to work; but I had an error on the h264 hwdecode-demo. And when I play any video with -vo vaapi (or vaapi:gl) -va vaapi the video shows a black screen and my cpu goes crazy.

I'm now using the current xvba-video (from the AUR) and thus I need to compile libva.

So this isn't a really helpful post, but think of it as me confirming your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by markg85 View Post
      Anyone that can help me to get this thing to build correctly?
      Probably make sure to have libtool 1.5.x (and .m4 dev files) or run libtoolize before autoreconf -vif ? Arch Linux packages are generally current though...

Comment

Originally posted by musturd View Post
        I have the exact same problem that you have. I can't compile libva (after I patched) because of those errors in libtool. I'm also using Arch Linux.

I'd like to add that I tried using an older version of xvba-video (0.6.11), the one that's compatible with the libva in the Arch repos.
        I did get vainfo to work; but I had an error on the h264 hwdecode-demo. And when I play any video with -vo vaapi (or vaapi:gl) -va vaapi the video shows a black screen and my cpu goes crazy.

I'm now using the current xvba-video (from the AUR) and thus I need to compile libva.

So this isn't a really helpful post, but think of it as me confirming your problems.
        just found this: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/...yst#Repository

That fixed my issue... but now i want to have the latest mplayer svn thus i lose va-api support again -_-

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
          Probably make sure to have libtool 1.5.x (and .m4 dev files) or run libtoolize before autoreconf -vif ? Arch Linux packages are generally current though...
          I think the arch package for libva was downgraded due to the green screen issue that effects one ATI card or something. Because I saw mark's post a didn't try the compilation again.

Originally posted by markg85
          just found this: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/...yst#Repository

That fixed my issue... but now i want to have the latest mplayer svn thus i lose va-api support again -_-
          This did not work for me.
          mplayer-vaapi no longer goes insane on my cpu -- it just decides not to use vaapi.
          The packages in this repo are definately better, though.

Here is my output for ./vaapi_h264 (there is an error)
          Code:
          $ ./vaapi_h264 
          Display type 'x11'
          Hardware accelerator 'vaapi'
          [hwdecode_demos] VA display 0xdc3980
          libva: libva version 0.31.1-sds1
          Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
          libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
          libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
          libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
          [hwdecode_demos] VA API version 0.31
          [hwdecode_demos] 6 display attributes available
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribDirectSurface     (get/---) min 1 max 1 value 0x1
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribBackgroundColor   (get/set) min 0 max 16777215 value 0xffffff
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribBrightness        (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribContrast          (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribHue               (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
          [hwdecode_demos]   VADisplayAttribSaturation        (get/set) min -100 max 100 value 0x0
          [hwdecode_demos] Decoded surface size: 320x240
          [hwdecode_demos] 4 profiles available
          [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileMPEG2Simple
          [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileMPEG2Main
          [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileH264High
          [hwdecode_demos]   VAProfileVC1Advanced
          [hwdecode_demos] 1 entrypoints available for VAProfileH264High
          [hwdecode_demos]   VAEntrypointVLD
          xvba_video: XVBA_CreateDecode(): status 2
          [hwdecode_demos] vaCreateContext(): unknown libva error
          ERROR: decode failed
          I'm guessing the problem is with XVBA_CreateDecode(). Anyway I can fix this?

(I'm very close to getting this working...)

Comment

Originally posted by musturd View Post
            I think the arch package for libva was downgraded due to the green screen issue that effects one ATI card or something. Because I saw mark's post a didn't try the compilation again.
            What is the "green screen issue that effects one ATI card or something"?

I'm guessing the problem is with XVBA_CreateDecode(). Anyway I can fix this?

(I'm very close to getting this working...)
            There is nothing you can do about it, I am sorry. Get another notebook and probably never buy ATI HW again in the future if you intend to get decent support on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
              What is the "green screen issue that effects one ATI card or something"?
              I've only heard from the comments in the AUR xvba-video package:

Originally posted by gbeauche
              There is nothing you can do about it, I am sorry. Get another notebook and probably never buy ATI HW again in the future if you intend to get decent support on Linux.
              Oh well...
              I guess I'll just have to boot into Windows to get video acceleration.

Comment

Working...
              X