Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and R61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo ThinkPad T61 and R61

The Santa Rosa leaks are still flowing with the latest offense being made by Lenovo. Fujitsu leaked three Santa Rosa notebooks last week and today is Lenovo's turn with the new ThinkPad T61 and R61.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Both laptops will be available with 14.1" displays (WXGA, WXGA+), Intel Turbo Card (previously known as Robson) for increased system performance, full hard disk encryption, SmartCard support and discrete NVIDIA graphics.

NVIDIA? Will that really be ThinkPads with NVIDIA graphics? Awesome...

Comment

Has anyone used the 15.4" Intel GMA version under Linux? I'm THIS close to importing one from the US (doesnt sell in Switzerland, so far)

Comment

Originally posted by bimbo View Post
        Has anyone used the 15.4" Intel GMA version under Linux? I'm THIS close to importing one from the US (doesnt sell in Switzerland, so far)

Phoronix may be reviewing a T61 with the X3100 at the end of this month.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I can't wait this long I fear (it's currently heavily discounted after all).

It looks to me as all of the hardware should be working under Linux (I might forego Intel 4XXX AGN WLAN for the known to be working 3945 ABG). If ACPI does not currently work, I'm sure will be fixed in short order as T series is quite popular with coders.

The one thing I'm currently unsure about is Turbo Cache. It surely can't hurt, but I'm not sure if I'd gain anything by paying for it.

I'm not entirely sure if Ubuntu Feisty does indeed support X3100 out of the box, but I don't really care, intel has instructions on getting that one running.
          Last edited by bimbo; 04 June 2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X