Guess again.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
      Guess again.
      One can dream

EDIT: okay I just saw the 2900xtx benchmarks over at
      dailytech; seems ati has still a lot of work to do at
      the driver front
      Last edited by mlau; 26 April 2007, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Pretty nice card!! I'm interested to see Linux benchmarks for this card running wine. Should be interesting.

Comment

Just adding to the rumor mill.....

From what we?ve been hearing in Taipei though, ATI are working busier than ever on new driver revisions which MIGHT increase performance but of course nobody knows what will happen for sure. One company claimed that ATI are waiting for ?the best driver? which means if the driver is still not 100% by May 14th, we could see further delays.
          Radeon HD 2900XT launch and for sale May 14 - not the 2nd news post from TweakTown's online news computing and technology content pages.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The news sounds like "new performance driver coming soon, but I can't tell you" :P I can't wait!

Comment

Im not convinced those benchmarks were done with the latest revision of the card or that they are even real. The driver could also be the problem. Particularly the XTX one as it should at least have a somewhat better performance than the XT no matter what.

Comment

From what we?ve been hearing in Taipei though, ATI are working busier than ever on new driver revisions which MIGHT increase performance
                yeah, maybe on windows, under certain benchmarks :]

i'm taking all those "working busier on new drivers" stories with a jar of salt. unless they mean windows, b/c that's what ati cares the most about.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  unless they mean windows GAMES, b/c that's what ati cares the most about.
                  fixed that for you

In my experience, the windows catalysts' performance has decreased
                  for anything that is not a game. I still use the 4.12 since they're
                  still the fastest ones for the scene.org demos for example.
                  Last edited by mlau; 28 April 2007, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I really hope AMD/ATI can get a good driver for R600. Having to relay only on nVidia (as benevolent dictators as they are), cannot be good in the long run.

- Gilboa
                    oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
                    oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
                    oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
                    Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
                    X