Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 2.6.35-rc6 Kernel Released; Final Coming Soon

Phoronix: Linux 2.6.35-rc6 Kernel Released; Final Coming Soon

Linus Torvalds has announced the release of the Linux 2.6.35-rc6 kernel. This release just carries bug and regression fixes, but there are some noteworthy fixes -- particularly if you have been experiencing stability issues for a while with Intel graphics hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, any chance of some comparisons of the GMA-HD VA-API acceleration versus VA-API via VDPAU & native VDPAU?

It'd be nice to know that a single Core i3 530 (or perhaps the G6950 for uber cheapness) would be suitable for a High-Definition HD playback. I'm looking at a twin-tuner DVB-S2 (Freesat HD in the UK) media PC, for example.

Comment

Finally - looks like this should fix the bug in 2.6.34 and older that's causing GPU hangs on my netbook. Compiling an appropriately patched version of 2.6.34.1 now. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
      X