Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC 4.5.1 RC1 Released; Final Due By August

Phoronix: GCC 4.5.1 RC1 Released; Final Due By August

Richard Guenther of Novell has just announced the first release candidate for GCC 4.5.1, which will be the first point release following the April release of GCC 4.5.0...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Yes, I'm kidding

Novell?! So, Micro$haft is infecting GCC now, too? Bye bye GCC, clang here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
      Novell?! So, Micro$haft is infecting GCC now, too? Bye bye GCC, clang here I come.
      What? This article says nothing about Microsoft...

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Quality flamewar introduction. Just what I need in the holidays

Comment

And no word about ill famed bug 40838.

I'm with GCC 4.2.4 again.

Comment

Novell also develops X, the linux kernel, gnome, kde, and more.

Have fun knowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: GCC 4.5.1 RC1 Released; Final Due By August

Richard Guenther of Novell has just announced the first release candidate for GCC 4.5.1, which will be the first point release following the April release of GCC 4.5.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODQzNQ

I have posted about the MPC support being nothing more than the substitution of a fork of GMP for GMP in the past. GMP was forked by MPC's developers because GMP's developers are hostile to supporting windows and embedded systems. To suggest GCC's switch from GMP to MPC is a significant improvement in GCC is a pure lie. The two are binary compatible, so it is likely possible to compile GCC 4.5 with either one of them and not have any issues.

Honestly, I wish that Phoronix would demonstrate knowledge in the areas it reports.

Comment

And yes, I'm still kidding

Originally posted by some-guy View Post
                  Novell also develops X, the linux kernel, gnome, kde, and more.

Have fun knowing that.
                  See? The infection is spreading, I knew it! Next thing you know, Micro$$aft will be extending "patent covenants" to X, the kernel, gnome and more. (KDE will be exempt, since it's copying the Vista looks.)

So kill it! Kill it with fire before it's too late!

Comment

See? The infection is spreading, I knew it! Next thing you know, Micro$$aft will be extending "patent covenants" to X, the kernel, gnome and more. (KDE will be exempt, since it's copying the Vista looks.)

So kill it! Kill it with fire before it's too late!
                    When Gnome copies Win95 look then it's ok, so don't worry about KDE. You're funny reaction doesn't change the fact Mono is used in Gnome and it's not used in GCC, Linux, X, KDE. Kill Mono and ximians not Novell.

Comment

Working...
                    X