Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS Delayed To Next Month

Phoronix: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS Delayed To Next Month

Canonical's Robbie Williamson has provided an update on the status of the Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS release, which is the first re-spin since the Long-Term Support release of the Lucid Lynx in April. Ubuntu 10.04.1 incorporates the package updates and minor fixes committed to Lucid since the original release. Ubuntu 10.04.1 was supposed to be released next week, but now it's been postponed to August...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

If I've ever seen a skipable distro it's 10.04. Every time Ubuntu tries new stuff they end up breaking things that used to work in the process. I'm just gunna wait for 10.10.

That might be the curse of all the popular linux distros. Regression.

Comment

^ This news blurb is not saying that anything is BROKEN, and Lucid Works For Me (C) (though I use sidux on my main system).

Comment

Few imporant bugs are still unresolved while it's enough to upgrade to some newer packages!

cat proc/version Linux version 2.6.32-22-generic (buildd@rothera) (gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) ) #33-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 28 13:27:30 UTC 2010 mountall --version mountall 2.15 Copyright (C) 2010 Canonical Ltd. This is not bug 571707; mountall 2.15 solved that really long hang-up here. fsck using knoppix on /dev/sda4 takes less than a second. Lucid fsck occurring every 20 mounts takes one minute 40 seconds when it occurs. /dev/sda4 is ext3, a journalled system; if 'clean' it ta...

powertop reports many wakes per second (quantity depending on system) in "[kernel scheduler] Load balancing tick" task, rising with little load, on many kinds of multi-core (?) systems (original report was on a Core 2 Duo processor (T6500) with a single core enabled (multicore disabled in BIOS)). Cause of the problem: With kernel 2.6.32, there came a patch to the scheduler that introduced this problem (that was backported to some other versions as well). Even though this problem occurred fi...

There's also ibus-qt not working in Lucid... Just idiotic policy.

Comment

Working...
        X