Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenSUSE 11.3 Netbook Benchmarks

Phoronix: OpenSUSE 11.3 Netbook Benchmarks

Following yesterday's release of openSUSE 11.3 we tested this updated Linux operating system that's sponsored by Novell on an Intel Atom netbook and compared the performance to that of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Fedora 13. Here are the results.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is not a table made out of the OS specs (e.g OSs on the columns and features on the rows) ?

It would make it a lot easier to read and see the differences.

Comment

Because this website gets its revenue out of Google advertisements, and more page views means more income.

I don't find it a bad idea for premium users though. A separate section with all the recent benchmarks combined on one page (per month, 3 months or year) per category, in a table or so.

Comment

I think you misunderstood. I am not referring to the benchmark data, only the differences of the components within the distributions such as kernel version, Xorg version, etc...

This information would actually take up more space if using a table, as well as be more readable.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmo View Post
          I think you misunderstood. I am not referring to the benchmark data, only the differences of the components within the distributions such as kernel version, Xorg version, etc...

This information would actually take up more space if using a table, as well as be more readable.
          +1

Right now it is difficult to read the specs of the distribution and hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmo View Post

I think you misunderstood. He was referring to the differences between components of various distributions.

Comment

OS specs, that's very good thinking...

I just wanted to say, why not use KDE and battery comparison bench.

KDE is now rock solid no stupid kernel errors.

Comment

Originally posted by filip007 View Post
                I just wanted to say, why not use KDE and battery comparison bench.
                It would have made sense to use KDE, since Michael always stresses that he tests the default settings, and for OpenSuse KDE is the default.
                But OTOH for better comaribility it's reasonable to use gnome with all distributions.

Comment

In regards to displaying the OS specs within articles, no worries as something MUCH BETTER will come with the new Phoronix Global.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    In regards to displaying the OS specs within articles, no worries as something MUCH BETTER will come with the new Phoronix Global.
                    Nice! I'm guessing there are lots of new things being worked on for the new Phoronix Global. Maybe a site facelift? It could use one.

One thing I found strange when I ran the live-cd (usb) openSUSE 11.3 on my Asus 1000H was that 3D performance seemed to have gone down the drain. I know that glxgears is not a benchmark, but it stuttered like crazy only putting out 15FPS. That's the lowest I got on this system yet. Desktop effects also seemed to stutter a bit. Not as smooth as it used to be with Fedora 10 I had installed until a few months ago. This was with the gnome version as well. I didn't run PTS on it though. Any thoughts on this?

I also noticed that 3D performance has been decreasing on this intel 945G + Atom N270 platform with every new kernel and Mesa versions.

Comment

Working...
                    X