Here's The 3dfx Banshee, Voodoo DRM/KMS Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    still would be ok if a new mainboard had an agp slot.....
    I'm fine, got a PCI version heh...
    Btw weren't the Voodoo picky about the AGP slot? (or rather, AGP specs changed "posthumously"?)

Comment

I still remember when I had a V3 3000 and the only reason for it to work under Windows XP were the Mesa drivers, backported to Windows and recompiled there. Those drivers still exist, and are a testimony of what can be done to extend the life of a product with truly free software drivers.

This card truly deserves TTM, KMS and whatever you get it to run on. It's a classic.

Comment

Yeah - only the Voodoo 4 AGP supports 1.5V, so even if you could fit most 3Dfx cards in a Pentium 4 or newer Bad Things will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Page View Post
          Yeah - only the Voodoo 4 AGP supports 1.5V, so even if you could fit most 3Dfx cards in a Pentium 4 or newer Bad Things will happen.
          I once watched a friend cram a Voodoo 5 5500 into a motherboard that he was sure was AGP 2x/4x... but it was in fact 4x/8x. It caught on fire.

I would like to dig out my 5500 and play with the new driver, but I don't have a (working) motherboard to build a system with it anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X