A New Release Of The AMD XvBA Back-End To VA-API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
    You will have to check your config log and see what FFmpeg is used.
    Which log are you referring to? Like I said, I only have one version of ffmpeg on my system and its the SVN version I built myself. When I ran ffmpeg's configure, it listed all the vaapi hwaccels as enabled (and I had libva-dev installed). I also built the mplayer-vaapi from your site and that works well, so I really don't know what else to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      Of course people 'need' this functionality because without it Linux isn't viable <_<'
      That's closer to the truth than "without 3D graphics support Linux isn't viable". More people watch videos with their computers than play 3D games. The number of gamers is totally insignificant in comparison. And it's certainly more true than "without desktop eyecandy Linux isn't viable" - nobody *needs* compiz or whatever. But a lot of people buy PCs with "HD" graphics cards thinking they'll be able to watch movies easily, and the lack of any acceleration support on Linux makes it *impossible* in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
        Which log are you referring to? Like I said, I only have one version of ffmpeg on my system and its the SVN version I built myself. When I ran ffmpeg's configure, it listed all the vaapi hwaccels as enabled (and I had libva-dev installed). I also built the mplayer-vaapi from your site and that works well, so I really don't know what else to look at.
        Your configure log. i.e. config.log or the generated Makefile to know which FFmpeg is used. But now that you use a single FFmpeg, you can double check with ldd vaapidecode.so where the actual FFmpeg libraries are.

Comment

xvba-video 0.7.2

Hi,

A new version of xvba-video, the XvBA backend to VA-API, is now available at:
          splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 0.7.2 - 13.Jul.2010
          * Require fglrx >= 8.73.2 (Catalyst 10.5)
          * Fix vaInitialize() return status if an error occurred
          * Fix regression when rendering subpictures in VA/GLX mode
          * Set VADisplayAttribDirectSurface to 1 in VA/GLX mode too

The third change fixes a regression in mplayer and OSD rendering in GLX mode (-vo vaapi:gl). The last change is a workaround to a driver bug/regression/undocumented change. In practise, this fixes some tearing with mplayer -vo vaapi:gl, for me.

Comment

Just be patient or buy another card," Gwenol? added
            [p]Or, pay for an OS.

Once again, this is not MS fanboy speaking but someone who is not pleased at all with the progress of ATI drivers in Linux. Please do not expect me to shell out $200 for ATI card that only uses 50% of the capabilities. Useless, absolutely useless.

I still think AMD is getting paid by MS to reduce or drag their feet in the Linux environment. Linux had a great chance to take a dominant role in the personal OS space when Vista came out. But with W7, there are too many checks for than against using that OS.

Comment

ATI needs 1 month to provide a driver update that VLC 1.1.1 will be able to use. The question is: is VLC 1.1.1 delayed because of ATI 10-7 or vice versa? I would like to test it, but no hotfix driver is out - so even on win they are absolutely clueless. Btw. you could certainly test nightly builds of VLC when you would have got the driver...

branch is usually next 1.1.x, trunk is 1.2. i only use trunk on linux however.

Comment

Working...
              X