Oh Wow, Compiz 0.9.0 Finally Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Never had a vacation? How many hours do you work? Every day?
    Once in a while when I am out of the country, but I don't think I've ever taken a FULL day off where I've went 24 hours without checking emails / RSS feeds / etc... Usually do at least 2~3 hours a day even when on "vacation." But normally up to 16 hours a day when not traveling.

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    Oktoberfest/a lot.
    Even during Oktoberfest I still do work in the mornings... I wish the tents would have WiFi in them, then I could be getting more work done during midday
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
      Oktoberfest/a lot.

Well I hate ads and I don't need the premium features >>> donation every few months for me.
      This is why i subscribe I login only when I want to post something.
      So the no adds and other features do not apply

Comment

For the love of god, Michael, take one full day off. I could live without FLOSS news for one freaking day... Sooner or later this is going to bite you in the ass.

Write an article and put one news item on hold and create a script to upload it while you're having a picknick in the park...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Once in a while when I am out of the country, but I don't think I've ever taken a FULL day off where I've went 24 hours without checking emails / RSS feeds / etc... Usually do at least 2~3 hours a day even when on "vacation." But normally up to 16 hours a day when not traveling.

Even during Oktoberfest I still do work in the mornings... I wish the tents would have WiFi in them, then I could be getting more work done during midday
          lol, are you trying to get a burnout?

Anyway here are my thoughts on this.

-- first the negative points --
          1. The site has way to much annoying ads thus adblock is installed. Not only for phoronix but for a range of other sites as well. And even if i would let it on i still won't click the adds thus you won't make any money from me there.

2. One reason to most definitely install adblock is intellitxt.. i might consider white listing phoronix if intellitxt was gone besides that it's plain useless!

3. the overly eager advertising for PTS is also quite annoying!

4. Posting articles that say/mean nothing are.. useless! So just don't even bother posting them in the first place.

-- now for the more helpful thoughts --
          1. You need someone to help you. It doesn't need to be paid. I'm sure there are people here willing to help you with proronix. I for one am willing to some degree.

2. You need a redesigned phoronix with a more user friendly design. This theme is annoying me ever since i first saw this site.

3. You need to listen to your members. You've been getting more critics lately and you've been asked probably a few 100 times to extend the post edit time.

4. Your entire mindset has to change. To me it seems like you think like this (roughly) : "post as much as you can even when it's not worth posting, promote PTS as much as you can, add as much ads as you can" ...... Change it to : "Post things users want to see and quality reviews. Listen to the users and ask for (free) help. Place related ads or no ads at least not as many as now."

As an example of how you need to do it look on this dutch news site: www.tweaker.net I hate their attitude but the news is mostly good and of high quality. In the top right section you see reviews. Phoronix needs a good looking site with a good main page. Right now the site looks kinda messy.

Again while i'm hard in this post i don't mean it bad. And again i do want to help you for free under some conditions. You should not ask me to write articles since english isn't my best quality ^_^

Good luck.

btw. Extremely off topic

Comment

Dude that link is wrong; it's tweakerS.net and by god I soooo much HATE that site! But the webdesign is good...

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Dude that link is wrong; it's tweakerS.net and by god I soooo much HATE that site! But the webdesign is good...
              lol and now i can't edit it anymore.. oh well.. delete and post again will do i guess

Comment

Hmm.. guess the delete option is also gone.

Then like this.

Michael, It's tweakers.net not tweaker.net

Comment

3 posts in a row
                  I can see what you did there.

Comment

Ok tried to see phoronix ads. But adblock doesn't actually do anything. It's all noscript. That's not so good

But the ads I got were not invasive or annoying, and some even interesting (hey, if I wasn't poor I might've even bought something).

Comment

This might be a good base to make a design for phoronix : http://aqib14.deviantart.com/art/Qua...ures-148450500

Looks cool to me.. just needs some adjustments to make it suitable for a news site. Don't forget to ask permission though.

Comment

Working...
                      X