Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Storm - New Linux game is comig !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a pretty nice looking game, I'll be buying it if the price is in my range

Comment

hi everyone.
      Sorry, I was not around since the last time I posted. We have been polishing the demo and damn, it's unbelievable what it takes to get the demo ready and out
      Here are some good news: we are closing in, hopefully we will release big demo in August.
      Meanwhile I posted new video at kot-in-action.com and some screens on IndieDB.

PsynoKhi0, thanks you for mentioning that. As I recall, all arcade games are suffer from such situations. The only solution I see right now is fog of war, which I don't think we want to implement. We are going to evaluate the situation, and see what can be done. As far is less challenging, I can assure you will have plenty of challenges

Thank you guys for the support!

Comment

Originally posted by PsynoKhi0 View Post
        Indeed, that looks nice...
        One question regarding the alpha video on indiedb:
        It seemed to me the enemies reacted once you got into a given range, which made it fairly easy to spot them from the screen's corners, even more so on widescreen.
        Just my 2 cents, I thought it may make the game, especially single player, less challenging. Have you considered addressing this?
        The game was actually designed this way intentionally. You can even sneak around ai if that's your playstyle. The thing is that some missions will be scored based on time, and many of the maps are non-linear, so weather it's beneficial to play in this manner is completely situational. However if it does become an issue, believe me the issue will be addressed. There is also a radar which you can use to spot them far before you will see them on your screen. We plan on having lots and lots of enemies to fight at once, so this should be thought of as a lifesaver rather than an exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
          Looks nice.
          But please don't call for donations. I've bought/preordered a number of linux games already, but I'd never ever donate to a for-profit company. Just call it preorders and ditch everything below the full price.
          Yeah, or buy stock if available

Comment

I wish we would have stock options

Comment

Color me interested. I've always been a fan of shmups. I like the idea of essentially rotating the environment around you (changing perspective) rather than moving your craft around the screen. I still play the bejesus out of Jets n Guns from time to time when I feel like blowing up a whole bunch of sh*t. I can definitely see this on my to buy list.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
                hi everyone.
                Sorry, I was not around since the last time I posted. We have been polishing the demo and damn, it's unbelievable what it takes to get the demo ready and out
                Here are some good news: we are closing in, hopefully we will release big demo in August.
                Thank you guys for the support!
                Hey, it's August! Where's the demo?

Comment

It's only 2nd of August
                  We hope to deliver more polished product than less polished

Comment

Nice looking project so far

Comment

I am back with good news We just launched official Steel storm website - http://www.steel-storm.com
                      Steel Storm Episode I will be released for free, so get your rigs ready
                      We have coop server running, dm server will follow soon. If anyone wants to run a server, you are welcome.
                      We were set to release public beta today, but a nasty bug crawled in at the last moment and we decided to postpone the release.
                      While we doing everything possible to release beta asap, you can enjoy a new video from the game.
                      If you like it and looking forward to it, and think that Episode II would be worth having (and that's definitely the case), you can pre-order Episode II already.

Comment

Working...
                      X