No announcement yet.

LLVMpipe Still Is Slow At Running OpenGL On The CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But how does Fusion affect this? There's a damn direct, short copper line straight between the two, they use the same ram..

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      But how does Fusion affect this? There's a damn direct, short copper line straight between the two, they use the same ram..
      That is **EXACTLY** the same thing I was thinking about.
      And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the WHOLE POINT of Fusion/APU's?

Comment

I am very excited about this fusion stuff. Am I correct in my analysis that this can create some quite powerful small devices? Think graphics power comparing to top of the line GPU's now along with some nice strong CPU all in an mini-ITX form factor. Actually being able to play decent games on a tiny media center running linux

Comment

I read somewhere that the first fusion cpus will have graphics comparable to HD5450, low-end r800. Will improve later, hopefully.

Comment

Well, fusion doesn't magically solve the heat problem. Try cramming a high-end 6-core and a 5890 into a single package, then try keeping it cool without liquid nitrogen. Doesn't work so well.

There will be several fusion chips with different tradeoffs between CPU and GPU power. It'd make sense to start with the models with low-end GPUs: it's enough for office work and HTPCs (assuming UVD works), so it's probably the configuration that's expected to sell best. More models can be delivered later to suit different needs.

Comment

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
              Well, fusion doesn't magically solve the heat problem.
              Not to mention it shares the same serial access memory and does the Fusion CPU also get its own framebuffer, crtc and port connectors, or... ? Because in that case you still have to have a seperate (partial) VGA and so it would only benifit OpenCL(-ish stuff) (for now).

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
                Dynamic load balancing, we already have that, it's called SLI
                No, this is a smidge different and hasn't even really been done yet. Larabee MIGHT have brought the start of that sort of thing to the picture, but sadly it's not going to be hitting the market as a discrete GPU, now is it?

Comment

what about including Intel IGP ?

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  ... in any case compare it against an intel crappy igp

btw push 28 fps cpu only is quite an achievement
                  I think it could be interesting to compare this software driver with an intel IGP as it may be the #1 client for this kind of driver.
                  I personnally own a 9800 GT and will never think about using this software driver (and for any Nvidia/Ati solution); but on M/B with intel integrated video, for me, it make sense to compare it with any kind of intel dedicated drivers (open/closed source) or other software solution like Mesa.

Hope it will come with the next Mesa soft. vs LLVMpipe bench.

Comment

Yes Intel IGP is already done as part of next comparison. Mesa Software Rasterizer was thrown out though since it can't break 1FPS.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I wonder if it is possible to combine this renderer with the ATi/Nouveau renderers in a sort of SLI setup for a performance boost?

Comment

Working...
                      X