Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 8.1 Nears With Release Candidate

Phoronix: FreeBSD 8.1 Nears With Release Candidate

Ken Smith on behalf of the FreeBSD developers has announced the first release candidate of the upcoming FreeBSD 8.1. FreeBSD 8.1 is expected to be released as stable next month as the first major update since the release of FreeBSD 8.0 back in November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looking forward to seeing Benchmarks of the newest releases of

Linux
    FreeBSD
    NetBSD
    OpenBSD
    DragonFLY
    OpenSolaris

No pressure - I guess I could do it but I'm lazy ?_? xD

Comment

What's up with the current state of Gallium3D and FreeBSD?

Comment

Originally posted by philcostin View Post
        Looking forward to seeing Benchmarks of the newest releases of

Linux
        FreeBSD
        NetBSD
        OpenBSD
        DragonFLY
        OpenSolaris

No pressure - I guess I could do it but I'm lazy ?_? xD
        I am NOT looking forward to another of these tests, FreeBSD's sysinstall do not offer to install on ZFS/GMirror/GStripe/GJournal/... this can be easily ahived manually, like that: http://daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=4200

But of course tests here are 'the defaults' so they will propably not use ZFS in it.

There is no newer OpenSolaris release, what to test?

DragonFlyBSD do not even suport SMP currently (not current focus of the team), so its OBVIOUS that it will perform poorly on SMP machine, OpenBSD starts to rework their subsystems to proper SMP, but it takes time and its nowhere near Solaris/FreeBSD/Linux implementations.

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        What's up with the current state of Gallium3D and FreeBSD?
        Same as with GEM/TTM state, in the works/plans.

Remember that FreeBSD development team do not have as many resources/people as Linux has.

Comment

Working...
        X