Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 256.xx Linux Driver Enters RC Phase

Phoronix: NVIDIA 256.xx Linux Driver Enters RC Phase

A month ago NVIDIA had released the first 256.xx Linux series beta that implemented new GLX protocol support, offered up VDPAU improvements, carried a few NVIDIA installer enhancements, and provided improved thermal performance reporting, among other changes. That beta driver was succeeded a week later by a second NVIDIA 256 beta due to some performance issues we spotted on the mobile side. NVIDIA has now released another 256 series driver and this pushes them into the release candidate phase...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Their graphic drivers are very good. I don't even update them on my hardware because I'm already satisfied with the one I've got currently. In positive meaning I get what I paid for.

Comment

@Michael: when will we get new mobile GTS250 tests on the same laptop that was used for the first 256.25 beta tests?

Comment

I guess that's some good news; I reported the thermal settings crash. Too bad they didn't mention anything about my other issue, where DPMS gets corrupted and turning the screen off actually turns the backlight to full brightness and fills the framebuffer with white pixels instead of black / off. (And consequently wears out the backlight, drains the battery, and drives the temperatures up...)

Comment

And GTX 480 SLI is still broken. (Jittery/laggy/poor framerates worse than a single card) Come on NVIDIA....

Comment

Working...
          X