No announcement yet.

Moonlight 3.0 Approaches With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just for all those wondering who uses silverlight, you need it to get netflix, but you need the DRM parts too... I couldn't care less about it unless it gets me streaming netflix.

Comment

It is nice that people make Moonlight, but only for the fact that IF Silverlight takes over then we got an ace in the hole.

It should not, ever, be included in any Linux distro, especially Ubuntu, so adoption doesn't spread.

Hurry up with HTML5/WebM/Theora already!

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        It is nice that people make Moonlight, but only for the fact that IF Silverlight takes over then we got an ace in the hole.
        no, even in most site it doesnt even load, in some others is hardcoded for windows only so it keeps reloading the sites.

what i dont even understand is why novell burn cash in this piece of useless code, miguel icaza can spend his time actually coding something useful instead of shame himself with this. i dont say this from an antimicrosoft front(which im permament honorific member ) point of view but more from the !for real dude this **** *** --??%$%$ **** dont work on any site!!! microsoft dont want it to either wake up you ******* ***** *** **** ******!!!! point of view.

but well if novell have enough money to send to the trash and miguel actually has nothing better to do, well is a free world i think.

Comment

btw these guys still bother on keep going that another useless project MONO anymore? i guess if it is, is still 3 year behind the from the microsoft front too?

Comment

i answered myself, only 10 projects using it but is cuz the focus is to sell mac/iphone .net enviroments, good for them then

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
              no, even in most site it doesnt even load, in some others is hardcoded for windows only so it keeps reloading the sites.

what i dont even understand is why novell burn cash in this piece of useless code, miguel icaza can spend his time actually coding something useful instead of shame himself with this. i dont say this from an antimicrosoft front(which im permament honorific member ) point of view but more from the !for real dude this **** *** --??%$%$ **** dont work on any site!!! microsoft dont want it to either wake up you ******* ***** *** **** ******!!!! point of view.

but well if novell have enough money to send to the trash and miguel actually has nothing better to do, well is a free world i think.
              because MS is paying Novell 500 millions a year to do so. And Icaza is just another MS troll now. I really wonder why people still care about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmot View Post
                because MS is paying Novell 500 millions a year to do so. And Icaza is just another MS troll now. I really wonder why people still care about him.
                well he step into the dark side but miguel is a well know nice developer, i think is for that.

well if novell is getting 500m $ for a 2 years crappy releases is not a bad deal jajajaja

Comment

now the nasty thing is that novell having mono and silverlight crap, they dont have any app on it in their oses, last time i checked not even the yast in the enterprises edition is in mono. that is lol

is like "you use mono but we stay the hell away from it" Novell principal sponsors of mono project jajajajaja

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                    well he step into the dark side but miguel is a well know nice developer, i think is for that.

well if novell is getting 500m $ for a 2 years crappy releases is not a bad deal jajajaja
                    well, he is a well known traitor to free software. As such, he isnt worth more now than a microsofty.

As for the 500m$, it simply allowed the CEO to make a few millions in bonus. Face it, novell was doing bad before, but after the MS deal, Novell is now going to be sold for scrap. Thats a text book exemple of a CEO who actually working for himself instead of his business.

Comment

crossplatform, mono, moonlight, windows, mixed environnement?

go away troll

Originally posted by PeteBart
                      Is cross-platform a dirty word? Great discussion thread here, but I sense a puritanical element that would prefer to ignore that the world as a whole is a mixed environment. As an article at The Register pointed out last year ?it's going to be at least five years before the majority of users have a browser capable of rendering HTML 5 in all its glory. In the mean time expect Flash and increasingly Silverlight to be a necessary part of the web ecosystem.? (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/08...eam/page2.html)
                      There are many older browsers out there and obviously many OS (and versions of OS) that call out for some way to develop cross-platform applications, which is the intent of MONO.
                      With Moonlight, Linux users get access to the same media capabilities available for the Windows and Macintosh environments. So mixed environments don?t have to worry about short-changing part of their user base and developers can craft true cross-platform applications. Is that such a bad thing? For more info, check out http://www.moreinterop.com/Solutions/Moonlight.aspx
                      [About me: http://tinyurl.com/petebart]

Comment

Working...
                      X