Issue with r300g on x1950 agp card with 2.6.35 rcs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with r300g on x1950 agp card with 2.6.35 rcs

Trying to test out the r300g driver from git under the latest 2.6.35 release candidate, and everything seems to work until I try to start up any opengl app, the window of the app is drawn (plain black) but nothing is rendered, the app just "stalls", for example with `LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxgears`;
    Code:
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r300_dri.so
    libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r300_dri.so
    libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
    libGL: Can't open configuration file /etc/drirc: No such file or directory.
    Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
    approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
    and that's it, it just stalls there, even if left for over an hour, but strangely (to me) the system isn't under load at all during this time.

Nothing is reported to dmesg or Xorg.0.log while the app is "running" either.

Tested under both rc1 and rc3 kernels, under 2.6.34 with the exact same userland components rendering "works" but it it slows the system to a crawl, agp issues fixed in 2.6.35?

This is with the 1.8.2 rc1 xorg-server, with libdrm, mesa and xf86-video-ati from git.

So, should I file a bug with Xorg log, dmesg and all that, and if so is the freedesktop bugzilla the right place for (what seems like) a kms issue?

FWIW, glxinfo suggests all is good, and with this kernel the full 512MB of the card is detected, and I have thermal/fan monitoring for the card (nice work on all that).

How can you check that fan/temperator monitor is working. I thought there was only work done on >r500 cards for that.

Comment

Originally posted by rob2687 View Post
      How can you check that fan/temperator monitor is working. I thought there was only work done on >r500 cards for that.
      You're probably thinking of the (very) new support for the internal temp monitoring for r600 and up, but there's also support for hardware monitoring via third-party hw chips on the i2c bus on r500.

For example, the 512MB sapphire x1950 pro agp card I have has an lm64 chip which is supported by the in-kernel lm63 driver.

wrt my original post, thought I should add that I get the same behaviour (no rendering) with classic mesa as with r300g (should have tested that before...), so definitely looks like a kms issue to me.

Comment

Working...
      X