Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anaglyph/3d support

Hi

How hard would it be to add Anaglyphic 3d support to Linux? Am I correct that it would need to go in mesa or would it need to be in the actual drivers?

My guess would be when rendering a viewport, it would need to render two from slightly different positions and blend them. If implemented in mesa, then it would work automatically for any graphics card.

Any thoughts?

Kihon

No way. When using shaders (that is pretty much any GL2 application), Mesa doesn't know how a scene is rendered, i.e. whether it's the orthographic or perspective projection, what's the camera position and what's the best focal length for a given scene. There is really no way to know what Mesa or drivers are being used for in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
      No way. When using shaders (that is pretty much any GL2 application), Mesa doesn't know how a scene is rendered, i.e. whether it's the orthographic or perspective projection, what's the camera position and what's the best focal length for a given scene. There is really no way to know what Mesa or drivers are being used for in this case.
      You certainly know better than me, but wouldn't this be possible at least for the normal 2d apps? Once I saw a compiz plugin that did just that and hoped for a kwin equivalent.

Comment

The best is to implement this feature in kwin instead of Mesa.

Comment

Working...
        X