Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: ati catalyst 10.6 released

Quote Originally Posted by bridgman View Post
    Sure, but that's basic pipelining - one release is frozen for QA while development proceeds on the next release. It's not "developing drivers in parallel" by any stretch.

I can call you a liar any time I want
    catalyst 10-7 is a good example of parallel development 10-7 is still in dev and yes the driver is not ready yet.......

but new code is there right now for the 10-8.--.

you call it basic pipelining

i call it bug-fixing on an feature set parallel to implement new features and parallel fixing bugs in the new feature set.

for every driver version amd try do deliver a feature set and they try to bugfix this feature set and for the next version they have a different feature set and they to to fix this feature-set in parallel.

but yes 10-7 will be a nice (blackwindowsbugfree)driver :-)

I still wait for xvba for evergreen, can you tell me when this will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I already TESTED webm and for multichannel ogg vorbis sound the playback was impossible. My vlc vaapi script installs ffmpeg compiled against vpx which can be used to create webm. Did YOU test webm yet? I don't think you ever produced a test file! When i talk about things then i usally tested em before. You talk about things you never ever used em at all! That only shows your complete incompetence. Also it is very unlikely that your "sharders" will accellerate anything. It is just like that youtube will use such low bitrates that even a slow netbook will be able to decode it using the cpu. When you look at youtube h264 bitrates you get the idea what i mean but you never anaylse anything. You just write crap and more crap without any verfification. All you do is dreaming.
    "That only shows your complete incompetence."

to know a Patent free and opensource solution is competence

i think you just payed by MPEG LA to hurt opensource and linux.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG_LA

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    I still wait for xvba for evergreen, can you tell me when this will happen?
    never because they know it right now that WebM+Radeon is the only REAL solution

hi.

For me some images in some programs are darker and look ugly, will this be fixed?

Also i cant play older quake 3 games anymore (wine) for some reason? they crash at startup.

I have an ATI 4890 card and driver version 10.6

But good work for the new 10.6 driver I love it^^

Quote Originally Posted by ouned View Post
    hi.

For me some images in some programs are darker and look ugly, will this be fixed?

Also i cant play older quake 3 games anymore (wine) for some reason? they crash at startup.

I have an ATI 4890 card and driver version 10.6

But good work for the new 10.6 driver I love it^^
    "Also i cant play older quake 3 games anymore (wine) for some reason? "

there is a nativ version ;-) and you can use the openarena engine to use the orginal Q3 files...
    why do cou can't play this in wine? it a mouse problem? upgrade to an bugfixed XInput2 xorg version ;-)
    wine1.2rc6 do have some XI2 code but old linux versions do not have XI2

"For me some images in some programs are darker and look ugly, will this be fixed?"

do you mean the blackwindows bug? i think it will be fixed in 10-7

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    UVD can't accelerate WebM but the opensource-Radeon driver will accelerate this in shader you know?
    Ah, you are working on it? Do you know who is actively working on it and make it efficient and effective? Or are you just describing your hopes as facts, as usual?

The game I want to play is based on the quake3 engine and is / was only avaiable for windows and mac.
    It worked with 10.4 but now it doesn't anymore. When using a nvidia card its the same problem but it can be fixed with this:
    Code:
    __GL_ExtensionStringVersion=17700 wine game.exe
    ( from here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...estingId=49074 )
    With my ATI Card this doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by gbeauche View Post
    Ah, you are working on it? Do you know who is actively working on it and make it efficient and effective? Or are you just describing your hopes as facts, as usual?
    ah very sharp no i don't work on it but i know of a special deal between google and amd ;-)

means there will be a acceleration of webM!

Quote Originally Posted by Qaridarium View Post
    ah very sharp no i don't work on it but i know of a special deal between google and amd ;-)

means there will be a acceleration of webM!
    OK, so this actually means you don't know anything.