ati catalyst 10.6 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all,
    I need help with Ubuntu Lucid and Kernel 2.6.34-5 PAE downloaded from PPA.
    I've successfully builded Catalyst 10.6 deb but with sudo dpkg -i *.deb i get this error on
    gedit /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/make.log

Code:
    DKMS make.log for fglrx-8.741 for kernel 2.6.34-5-generic-pae (i686)
    ven 18 giu 2010, 02.20.38, CEST
    AMD kernel module generator version 2.1
    doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
    rm -rf *.c *.h *.o *.ko *.GCC* .??* *.symvers
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.34-5-generic-pae/build SUBDIRS=/var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x modules
    make[1]: ingresso nella directory ?/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.34-5-generic-pae?
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/firegl_public.o
    In file included from /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:451:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/drm_proc.h: In function ?FGLDRM__vma_info?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/drm_proc.h:497: warning: format ?%08lx? expects type ?long unsigned int?, but argument 5 has type ?phys_addr_t?
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/firegl_public.c: In function ?KCL_MapPageToPfn?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/firegl_public.c:1636: warning: unused variable ?bus_addr?
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_acpi.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_agp.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_debug.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_ioctl.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_io.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_pci.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_str.o
      CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.o
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c: In function ?KCL_WAIT_Add?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c:52: error: implicit declaration of function ?kmalloc?
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c:52: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c: In function ?KCL_WAIT_Add_Exclusive?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c:71: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c: In function ?KCL_WAIT_Remove?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c:95: error: implicit declaration of function ?kfree?
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c: In function ?KCL_WAIT_CreateObject?:
    /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.c:112: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast
    make[2]: *** [/var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x/kcl_wait.o] Errore 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/var/lib/dkms/fglrx/8.741/build/2.6.x] Errore 2
    make[1]: uscita dalla directory ?/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.34-5-generic-pae?
    make: *** [kmod_build] Errore 2
    build failed with return value 2
    Someone can help me?

Comment

With the simply installation from .run, I get:
      Code:
      Detected configuration:
      Architecture: i686 (32-bit)
      X Server: X.Org 7.5
      DKMS part of installation failed.  Please refer to /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log for details
      /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log
      Code:
      Errors during DKMS module removal
      Errors during DKMS module removal
      [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to add fglrx-8.741 to DKMS

Comment

Did you comipletely uninstall the previous fglrx version, restore the previous xorg.conf and reboot before installing the new driver ?
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by psychok9 View Post
          Hello all,
          I need help with Ubuntu Lucid and Kernel 2.6.34-5 PAE downloaded from PPA.
          You are using an unsupported kernel. Your best bet is to downgrade to the stock 2.6.32 kernel. Someone around here might have a patch for you to enable 2.6.34.. Good luck.

Comment

Whoops, I only saw psychok9's last post. Good catch.
            Test signature

Comment

Kudos to the ATI Linux team for 10.6!

I'm running Mandriva 2010.0 kernel 2.6.31, HD 5670 (on a 785G mobo)

Here's what I can do that I couldn't do before:

google-earth no longer crashes when I close it down.

I can run celestia (this is really cool because it would hang up my system I had to reboot with alt-sys_req-b)
              No more wireframes and jerky rendering for HL2 EP1.

This is all coming from a hard-core nVidia guy since 3DFX went away.

Until recently, I only ever recommended nVidia, now because of work the ATI/AMD guys are doing on the catalyst drivers, I'll recommend ATI; good job ATI-Linux!

Comment

Color Issues with World Of Padman

Hi,

I installed the 10.6 yesterday and when playing to World Of Padman I can see weird differences in the color of textures respect to the previous Catalyst. For example if you go into the sink, in the kitchen, and switch to the Punchy, the Punchy is completely white instead to keep its original colors.

Have you noticed that?

Regards,

Comment

Hope this
                  "Xorg -probeonly" no longer causes screen corruption or the system to fail to respond
                  means that the issue I'm facing since the catalyst 9.9 is resolved and will be able to replpace 9.8 with 10.6 - will see when come back from work

Comment

Originally posted by maciejus View Post
                    Hope this

means that the issue I'm facing since the catalyst 9.9 is resolved and will be able to replpace 9.8 with 10.6 - will see when come back from work
                    I doubt it. I just don't understand why driver works fine on windows with nforce430 chipset, but fail on linux. Every version higher than 9.8 = blank screen and i guess bug filling on unofficial ati bugzilla isn't even worth it. This makes me so angry

Comment

• phoen1x, is that ticket #1700 you're talking about on ati.cchtml.com ? If so, that ticket was reported as debian-only and the debian ticket containing the info was subsequently closed because the debian devs felt it was a kernel issue (mucked up MTRRs).

Any chance you could confirm the problem also occurs on a supported distro (maybe try Ubuntu 9.10) and update the ticket ?
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X