Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati catalyst 10.6 released

im suprised nobody noticed.

Direct2D is enabled by default and its bloody fast!

Comment

Then I guess it's time to dust of the old Evergreen I have laying around here.

Comment

Does it work with xorg server 1.8?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          Does it work with xorg server 1.8?
          If you patch the xorg server version to report 1.7, yes. They still only support up to xorg 7.5 it seems.

Besides that they still haven't fixed the huge performance drop in HoN that came with 10.5... I wonder if 5xxx owners still crash...

Comment

im suprised nobody noticed.
            Have you read the release notes?

Resolved Issues
            "Xorg -probeonly" no longer causes screen corruption or the system to fail to respond
            Wow. One whole resolved issue (and Direct2D enabled by default). No wonder nobody noteced/cared. They shouldn't have even bothered with a release...

Comment

One more time... the release notes include only fixed problems which were originally reported against Linux in our internal tracker.

Problems which were reported against other OSes and fixed in common code do not appear in the release notes even though the fixes often help Linux users as well. We could spend time going through every fix made in common code and see if it should appear in the Linux release notes but right now we think that time is better spent working on the drivers than on making a bigger list of "hey we fixed this" for the release notes.

I can ask the Catalyst folks to take the driver back down if you like
              Test signature

Comment

Sorry. I guess I'm spoiled by detailed change logs.

Comment

Detailed change logs are simple when you are dealing with code for a single OS and GPU family, but once you start sharing code across multiple OSes and multiple generations of GPUs (including unreleased hardware) they become kind of impractical.

What happens instead is that the release management team skims through the (thousands of) changes each month, picks out the ones which seem clearly applicable to Linux users, and adds those to the release notes.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by yaji View Post
                    Direct2D is enabled by default and its bloody fast!
                    havent noticed any speed improvements.
                    window resizing is still really slow and unminimizing windows still takes a second.
                    where can i check if direct2d is activated?

Comment

Working...
                    X