Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot load Linux with ATI driver loaded...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by buccaneere View Post
    Module Loader present
    Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Jun 16 14:11:33 2010
    (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.failsafe"
    The xserver is falling back to a failsafe config and is using the VESA driver, because something went wrong while loading radeon/fglrx whatever you use. You'll have to pastebin that log file after a failed boot. Probably Xorg.0.log.old.

But do not copy your log files here, use pastebin:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

I tried to go back and subdivide each post for ease of read, but where's the edit?

So I have partial 'resolution', but I still am certain I have broken hardware...

See screenpics here, post #5, and comment back please...

pics

Comment

bumpin' here...

Comment

buccaneere, did you respond to monraaf's post asking for a relevent log ?

The xserver is falling back to a failsafe config and is using the VESA driver, because something went wrong while loading radeon/fglrx whatever you use. You'll have to pastebin that log file after a failed boot. Probably Xorg.0.log.old.

But do not copy your log files here, use pastebin:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.
          Test signature

Comment

Working...
          X