Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 3 Is Out Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimko View Post
    It doesn't matter what version i am on, it simply doesn't work for me.
    The only thing I want from it - to play steam games, and it fails miserably at it.

I have latest nvidia proprietary drivers, xorg 1.8 and many different 3d games working on me computer. Including many proprietary games, like savage, HON, ETQW, Survivor(both versions), etc... So I am pretty sure it's not my computer.
    did you try installing corefonts through Winetricks? or any other recomondation on the wine appdb page?!

you schould always take a look at those because you get a horde of problems fixed like that.

Comment

Btw: I found q4wine quite useful to set up and maintain individual environments for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
        Wine will always fail with games as its DirectX to OpenGL mapper will never be as fast as DirectX on Windows.

Just raise your voice in the Steam Forum, so we hopefully get a native Steam client and many native games, soon:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1173683
        i would, but they don't want to authorize me for forum for some reason ,or simply it takes too much time now...

Comment

It looks more like 3 to 4 bugs per day to me; they fixed more bugs than the ones on their todo list:

Comment

Does anybody know why the debian packages (official or inofficial) are not updated any more?

Comment

Originally posted by DeiF View Post
              Before testing this Wine release be sure to have kernel 2.6.34 or greater.
              I remember there was a bug that had to be resolved at kernel level (Populous: The Beginning, Heroes of Might and Magic III, probably others too).
              Updating didn't help...

Comment

own windows?

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                use winetricks and install the dx9 .dll's
                You have to have windows for that, otherwise, it's not legit...

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
                  Does anybody know why the debian packages (official or inofficial) are not updated any more?
                  As I understand it: the maintainer of Debian's packages won't package current Wine without also packaging the Wine Gecko component used for implementing Internet Explorer components. If this is not packaged, Wine wants to download a binary version, and that has DFSG and security implications. Compiler issues have prevented the creation of a Debian wine-gecko package for a while, but recent developments have apparently made it feasible. See bug 557783 for the maintainer's own words.

I'm not sure what's happening with the lamaresh.net packages.

Comment

Working...
                  X